Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program

The thing I really want to try ESPN. Even though I think they should offer it to everyone (we're paying for Gold for a reason, and to top it off is going up!) and not make you have an ISP that has a contract with ESPN.

Oh, I guess the update means I'll lose my current theme. :(

With the leaked version almost all of my premium themes do not work, I hope this is just because I have the leaked version and not something that is going to be true when it officially launches....

With the leaked version almost all of my premium themes do not work, I hope this is just because I have the leaked version and not something that is going to be true when it officially launches....

Yeah, I fear the differences are such that themes are simply not compatible anymore. I would expect them to be updated. Hopefully.

They would be mad to essentially make another set of themes obsolete (first being the ones designed for the Blade dash). Not that I've bought any of the premium themes, but still. I guess we'll find out soon.

Xbox preview program doesn't belong onto the public version of Connect. The preview program is on a separate private Connect page (like you made one of your pages private on your wordpress which you don't want specific people to see your private page.)

You should have bookmarked it when you signed up.

Just wait until the program becomes available for us to use on our xbox, they will send the link to us via email to let us know that it's ready to use. It will be ready within 2 weeks.

Not accurate. I had the same issue as all those guys. On 'My Dashboard' on the right hand side there's a drop down menu labelled 'Displaying products with items:'. If you change that to 'all items regardless of updates' the Xbox Live Update program will show up under 'Feeback & Products I'm Watching'.

Not accurate. I had the same issue as all those guys. On 'My Dashboard' on the right hand side there's a drop down menu labelled 'Displaying products with items:'. If you change that to 'all items regardless of updates' the Xbox Live Update program will show up under 'Feeback & Products I'm Watching'.

Thanks.

Thanks! That worked

Has anyone heard anything further as to when the update will start rolling out to the people selected?

They said 2 weeks from when the invites were going out. So I would say either next week or the week after, but I would love to see conformation myself

They said 2 weeks from when the invites were going out. So I would say either next week or the week after, but I would love to see conformation myself

They said within the next two weeks, which could mean anytime within the two weeks from when you were accepted. I don't think we'll know until they launch it, or Major Nelson makes an update (but the former is more likely).

Press Event

A LETTER FROM MARC WHITTEN: THE FALL 2010 XBOX LIVE UPDATE

Dear Xbox LIVE members,

Just three months ago at E3 2010, I shared with you the latest entertainment experiences coming to Xbox LIVE, including ESPN and Zune music. Today, I?m excited that tens of thousands of you will receive an advanced look at these new experiences through the Xbox LIVE Preview program.

What you?ll find is that we?re continuing to bring you amazing content to enjoy on Xbox LIVE, we?re making your entertainment social and interactive, and we?re continuing to refine and build on our best experiences.

With this update, we are adding 3,500 live and on-demand sporting events per year, including out of market games, from ESPN3.com and 11 million music tracks from Zune at launch in the US. We are also adding Netflix search to existing features like movie parties to ensure Xbox LIVE continues to be the best way to enjoy Netflix.

With ESPN on Xbox LIVE, available to members in the US, we?re building in interactive features that will let you keep up on the latest scores from around the sports world without leaving the game you?re watching, follow your favorite leagues, predict a winner and see how the rest of the community voted on a particular game. The social nature of our LIVE platform will let you voice chat with up to seven friends on the other coast while watching the big game as if they were sitting next to you in the stadium.

Last year, we delivered tens of thousands of videos instantly in up to 1080p HD to Xbox 360 for the first time, and this fall with the expansion of the Zune music experience on Xbox LIVE, members in the US, U.K., France, Italy and Spain can enjoy unlimited, instant streaming of millions of songs via a Zune Pass music subscription and see what their friends are listening to on the largest screen in the house. What?s better is that you?ll be able to enjoy Zune music and video across your Xbox 360 console, PC and, this holiday, Windows Phone 7.

Also included in this Xbox LIVE update is the launch of Netflix on Xbox LIVE in Canada, a refreshed Xbox LIVE dashboard and updated Xbox LIVE Family Settings so you can help choose the right play and viewing settings for your family.

But this is only the beginning. With the launch of Kinect for Xbox 360, I truly believe that the best of Xbox LIVE will become extraordinary. This amazing technology will allow you, your friends, and family to navigate ESPN, Zune, Sky Player, and Last.fm on Xbox LIVE with just the sound of your voice and the wave of your hand.

I?m also excited to confirm that Video Kinect will integrate with Windows Live Messenger at launch, so Xbox LIVE members can video chat with hundreds of millions of PC users around the world. Video Kinect will use Kinect to bring the people you care about right into your living room without a headset, and adjust automatically to capture everyone in the room.

Every year we?ve pushed ourselves to deliver the best games and entertainment, and I?m incredibly proud of my team, and what we?re delivering to Xbox LIVE this fall. Our goal is to continue innovating and delivering experiences that are meaningful to you. So you can enjoy the entertainment you want, with the people you care about, in a simple way. Keep playing, keep sharing, and keep pushing us.

See you on LIVE,

Marc Whitten

Gamertag - Notwen

http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2010/09/29/lp456.aspx

Wonder what other changes they could have? Under-the-hood I mean, like we know about the updated audio codec etc.

Holy crap, ESPN 3 looks ****ing awesome!

ESPN 3 does look absolutely awesome, I'm really looking forward to using it on Saturdays for college football live.

Netflix's update looks freaking amazing. I'm just as pumped about that.

Wonder what other changes they could have? Under-the-hood I mean, like we know about the updated audio codec etc.

I am hoping for

• Zune player actually integrated into the dash (not going to happen :( )
  • AVCHD support
  • Updated transitions for photo slideshows :/ This hasn't changed at all since '05 !

ESPN 3 does look absolutely awesome, I'm really looking forward to using it on Saturdays for college football live.

Netflix's update looks freaking amazing. I'm just as pumped about that.

Just watched the Netflix video now. I see they did the search UI around Kinect so you can move your hand over the letters. Epic.

Just watched the Netflix video now. I see they did the search UI around Kinect so you can move your hand over the letters. Epic.

Yeah I would love to have Kinect based Netflix which can be controlled by your hands. Looking forward to it.

I have chatpad on my controller, hopefully it would work in Netflix search system.

I will get Kinect but not planning to set it up until the preview program is over and get final version of update then I will get it setup and running.

I am not sure Kinect would work with preview program. So I rather wait until the preview program is finished.

We probably hear more info from Nelson or someone else from Xbox Team about next final update and Kinect setups.