Office 2011 for Mac hits Microsoft volume licensing servers

Been using this suite for a few days, loving it so far. Microsoft has obviously put a lot of effort into polishing it.

Some of the complaints in this thread are ridiculous. :laugh:

There?s still a bunch of menus in OS X?s bar. I know it would remove consistency in the OS if MS removed them, but I hate when something in an app is available in multiple places. Everything can be done in the Ribbon now, so just keep a File menu to print and save and whatnot.

Nearly every app in existence has all it's toolbar functions also available in the menu bar.

Nearly every app in existence has all it's toolbar functions also available in the menu bar.

Agreed. Don't really think that's an issue either. Microsoft made the right call leaving the Menu Bar intact.

What did Microsoft Office 2011 actually bring to the table feature-wise beyond the Ribbon and return of functionality that was already there before?

Who are you replying to? use the blood quote button for Christ sake, it isn't difficult!

I never said there was new functionality - I said there was merely features taken out of 2008 which were in 2004 and now back in 2011. Read the bloody post before replying.

Who are you replying to? use the blood quote button for Christ sake, it isn't difficult!

I was asking a general question, so there's nobody to bloody quote for Christ sake!

I never said there was new functionality - I said there was merely features taken out of 2008 which were in 2004 and now back in 2011. Read the bloody post before replying.

My reply wasn't specifically directed at you, what has your post to do with anything?

Frustrated much? :broken:

Anyone having problems signing in to Messenger with the official client? I can sign in fine with Adium just not with MS Messenger anymore. :/

Anyone having problems signing in to Messenger with the official client? I can sign in fine with Adium just not with MS Messenger anymore. :/

Not me but I have had a couple of unexplained crashes. I hope we see an update within a few months of its release with more testing by volume licensees out there.

Not me but I have had a couple of unexplained crashes. I hope we see an update within a few months of its release with more testing by volume licensees out there.

I second this.

It is crashing on me too. Sucks, I like it. :(

Same here.

Haha, this screenshot made me laugh. :D OMG curly fonts! :D

I'm just wondering if it's because I've changed my System font from Lucida Grande to Myriad Pro and Messenger is getting confused and displaying any old crap. All other apps work fine. :/

I'm just wondering if it's because I've changed my System font from Lucida Grande to Myriad Pro and Messenger is getting confused and displaying any old crap. All other apps work fine. :/

Perhaps Messenger is not seeing the existence of the new font so it's defaulting to whatever... Maybe check if you can even select it in the font selector from the conversation window?

I am having a odd probelm that I don't think should be occurring in Outlook 2011.

Every single email that has some sort of picture or HTML grahphic embeded gives me the ??? in the picture placeholder and states- "to protect your privacy, some pictures were not downloaded". Then it gives me the option to click a download pictures button.

I have tried altering the settings on junk mail and adding these contact to my Outlook address book. I still have to manually download the graphics. Seems this was something they fixed in late 2004 or early 2008 editions- but I am getting it on 2011 with seemly no way to turn off.

I am having a odd probelm that I don't think should be occurring in Outlook 2011.

Every single email that has some sort of picture or HTML grahphic embeded gives me the ??? in the picture placeholder and states- "to protect your privacy, some pictures were not downloaded". Then it gives me the option to click a download pictures button.

I have tried altering the settings on junk mail and adding these contact to my Outlook address book. I still have to manually download the graphics. Seems this was something they fixed in late 2004 or early 2008 editions- but I am getting it on 2011 with seemly no way to turn off.

It is enabled for security reasons - and thus don't want you to do something stupid by you making the loading of images automatic.

Most modern mail clients do this by default now, even webmail. Even my Blackberry does this for the emails I receive on my phone.

Usually there is a setting to disable the security features if you really want to (my Blackberry has no such thing) but it's probably not recommended.

Yahoo! Mail defaults to showing you images automatically in your inbox, but not if they are in the trash or spam folders. You can set it to always remember to show the images for specific recipients.

Gmail defaults to never showing you the images automatically, regardless of folder. You can set it to always remember like Gmail.

Have you tried going to the "Reading" pane in the Preferences for Outlook? There is a section in that tab called Security where you can set "Automatically download pictures from the Internet" to either "In all messages", "In messages from my contacts", or "Never".

Most modern mail clients do this by default now, even webmail. Even my Blackberry does this for the emails I receive on my phone.

Usually there is a setting to disable the security features if you really want to (my Blackberry has no such thing) but it's probably not recommended.

Yahoo! Mail defaults to showing you images automatically in your inbox, but not if they are in the trash or spam folders. You can set it to always remember to show the images for specific recipients.

Gmail defaults to never showing you the images automatically, regardless of folder. You can set it to always remember like Gmail.

Have you tried going to the "Reading" pane in the Preferences for Outlook? There is a section in that tab called Security where you can set "Automatically download pictures from the Internet" to either "In all messages", "In messages from my contacts", or "Never".

I can't you how many times I looked at all the preference settings- I just missed it under Reading. Thanks again!!!!

• 2 weeks later...