Facebook down?

Am I the only one who doesn't really care whether or not he can access his FB account?

(It's extremely slow on my end.)

Am I the only one who doesn't really care whether or not he can access his FB account?

(It's extremely slow on my end.)

No, you aren't the only one.

However, it never stopped working here, it is a little sluggish but that is more or less normal. Trillian is still connected, and I can go onto fb.com and update my status.

where do you live so we all can come over to use your internet....we need our facebook fixs for the day...

I live in Mauritius, it loads normally but slower (about 1min)

Down here too.

Strange, I thought it was a regional problem with connecting to them, but it seems to be more or less global. Unusual. :s

And yes, while FB is sometimes sluggish while coping with traffic, this kind of thing is uncommon, especially if happening for this long.

Mashable just posted about facebook being down. Oh well.

After issues at a third-party networking provider took down Facebook for some users on Wednesday, the social networking site is once again struggling to stay online.

The company reports latency issues with its API on its developer site, but the problem is clearly broader than that with thousands of users tweeting about the outage.

On our end when we attempt to access Facebook, we’re seeing the message: “Internal Server Error – The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.” Facebook “Like” buttons also appear to be down on our site and across the Web.

We’ve reached out to the company and will update when we know more.

Update: Facebook tells us that,”We’re currently experiencing some site issues causing Facebook to be slow or unavailable for some users. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. This is unrelated to yesterday’s outage.”

Facebook @ Twitter (hah! how ironic ;))

We've fixed the issue with a third-party networking provider, and anyone impacted should be able to access Facebook normally.

9 minutes ago via HootSuite

Some people can't connect to Facebook because of an issue with a third-party network provider. We're working to fix it ASAP.

about 5 hours ago via HootSuite

I can't say I completely agree with them. *shrug*

Tis very much dead.

Comes up and down a little.. but It's been down for over 20 mins now for me.

I shall have to spend more time doing social networking the old way, through forums.

:)

Facebook @ Twitter (hah! how ironic ;))

We've fixed the issue with a third-party networking provider, and anyone impacted should be able to access Facebook normally.

9 minutes ago via HootSuite

Some people can't connect to Facebook because of an issue with a third-party network provider. We're working to fix it ASAP.

about 5 hours ago via HootSuite

I can't say I completely agree with them. *shrug*

Lier i canna access my game *crys* lol

I was thinking they blocked it here at work or something. It wasn't working for me earlier and still not working now. The app is working not working either (kinda, can't view images and other stuff). Tried it again and i got the welcome page but still can't really log in.

An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #97.86d8df5a.1285271699.d9eb0

That's what I get when I try and load FB...

Which then changes to:

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later. Reference #11.86d8df5a.1285271780.1173ac

Getting the welcome to facebook page again but it wont login..i feel nauseous, i'm shaking and i've just kicked the cat :x

Here, breathe into this paper bag.... You can make it through this! :(

Something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can. You may be able to try again.

Something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can. You may be able to try again.

Shut up and work =P