Facebook down?

OMG - I love some of the tweets about it being down if you search Facebook on Twitter....

Back to the topic though - I thought my ISP was blocking for some reason, then I checked my Hosts file to make sure someone didn't poison it, then switched out of OpenDNS to make double sure that it wasn't OpenDNS. Not really a big deal for me to be on there, but thought it was interesting to see this thread. :)

LMAO

I found the quote from Twitter:

omg if i could stab facebook i would

another quote:

A tumblr jokes that facebook uses twitter to tell fb users on twitter that fb is having tech problems (myspace=jealous)

Anyone else see this??

It's down for me too. I keep getting different reference numbers but it's still always the same message,

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later. Reference #11.1e790660.1285274644.1fbc1b

Anyone know if this might be some coordinated attack on Facebook from the 4chan world?

Some of the news stations now are on board with the Facebook being down train and soliciting people's opinions of how they feel about it. LOL

Well...at least this is helping towards Neowin reaching the 10m mark eh?

I think some of the ironic thing about Facebook being down like this is if you watch the Twitter, it literally is compounding in results and going up thousands of tweets per second regarding Facebook. Now, if you take that number of people obsessively reloading the Facebook page until it comes up and add that to the server load they are already getting, things are going to get really bad. Might have to "Cut the hardline!" lol

My latest favorite Tweet:

DNS FAILURE: Facebook is down which means 9 months from today, many children will born.

Yep. Was then going to read my notifications and I just keep getting that. Affects my iPod and Blackberry too. Down completely. Anything to do with the Game updates?

I think so, it was down yesterday that the games update was announced that I watched a video about it and they updated it. Now i think the games update screwed it up somehow.

Oh my gawd everyone, go walk outside and breathe some fresh air. Do you know what that is? Obviously this is not addressed to everyone, but to everyone throwing a fit about Facebook being down for a few. Chillax your panties, fellas. Go for a jog, cook some good dinner, fondle your girlfriend - I don't care.

Peace, love, and chicken grease,

- Yorak