iTunes 10.0.1

"Well class, looks like momma's wrong again!" :laugh:

Photoshop is the most popular so that's something? Although Illustrator could really use it too. I'd be surprised if we didn't have a few more cocoa family members with CS6. Doubt all, but maybe Dreamweaver at least. I guess the point I'm making is Apple is supposed to set the standard.

That quote would make more sense if I were a female, but sometimes you gotta take one for the team. Plus The Waterboy is an awesome film ;)

Dear God. They make this POS even worse with every version.

I would have to agree with you. It's almost like what happened to Nero Burning software on the PC.

iTunes needs a complete re-write.

It's not THAT bad, fortunately we can still remove/uninstall the extras included with iTunes. Personally iTunes is pretty fast for me. I find it disappointing they still haven't fixed the scroll issue where if you drag down the list, the listings become disorganized visually (e.g. artist/album names appear cut off on the top and bottom). Fortunately scrolling down to the top or bottom will 'fix' it.

It's not THAT bad, fortunately we can still remove/uninstall the extras included with iTunes. Personally iTunes is pretty fast for me. I find it disappointing they still haven't fixed the scroll issue where if you drag down the list, the listings become disorganized visually (e.g. artist/album names appear cut off on the top and bottom). Fortunately scrolling down to the top or bottom will 'fix' it.

Try syncing a couple of photos to an iPod or iPhone (something that should take a couple of seconds) and come back and tell us how "fast" it is again.

Thanks for the heads up, downloading on my Mac. I'm starting to hate iTunes, I only use it because of my iPhone... Seriously thinking about jumping ship to Android on my next phone upgrade...

Funny, iTunes runs fast on my pc :)

Same, except on my Mac. Do not know what you people mean by iTunes lagging when more than one operation is going on.

Also, to the "black and white interface - stuck in 50s" comment. Its an interface that fits with OS X, maybe you're on Windows, but it fits and looks well as is. There are other media players to use if you don't like iTunes on both platforms. Get over it.

I have more questions:

- Why does iTunes run like a dog when doing anything than one task at a time?

- Why does converting songs to 128 AAC on-the-fly for my iPod take ages on a 2.93 GHz Core i7 iMac?

- Why does the interface clash with Mac OS X so much?

- Why is the entire interface black and white? Are we stuck in the 50s?

- Why can't I disable Ping as a whole without disabling the entire iTunes Store?

- What have Apps to do with music?

- Why was it possible to disable the iTunes Store arrows in iTunes 7 but not in 8 and above without Terminal?

Etc.

;)

- Why don't you use something else besides iTunes?

Same, except on my Mac. Do not know what you people mean by iTunes lagging when more than one operation is going on.

Also, to the "black and white interface - stuck in 50s" comment. Its an interface that fits with OS X, maybe you're on Windows, but it fits and looks well as is. There are other media players to use if you don't like iTunes on both platforms. Get over it.

how exactly does it fit OSX at all?

it looks nice but it doesn't fit into any OS the app is made for.

I know that iTunes on the Mac is not a true Cocoa app and all... but I personally have no performance issues. Not when syncing, not when importing a cd, not when scrolling my playlist. Maybe I'm just lucky.

The black and white UI is terrible on OSX and Windows. Even just usability wise, the small coloured icons were easy to recognise without having to take your glance away from what you're doing to see what you're about the click.

- Why don't you use something else besides iTunes?

It's like using Photoshop: there's a lot to hate, but it's still the best tool for the job.

Even on Windows, I think it's the best tool for the job. I really don't like WMP or the Zune software.

:laugh:. I agree. iTunes aint the best that I could be, but neither is the rest. iTunes is best on Mac/PC imo.

The correct changes in this version are:

* Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.

* Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit while interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.

* Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third-party visualizers.

* Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.

* Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/macworld/20100925/tc_macworld/itunes1001updatespingmore

http://www.macworld.com/article/154347/2010/09/itunes1001.html