Anyone own a Vizio HDTV? Need help

Does anyone own a Vizio HDTV? I'm currently looking at this 37" HDTV and it seems pretty fairly priced, but I want to know if that is because of a defect, not great quality, or just because of the brand etc.

Any reviews or comments or things you notice would be great. I'm not really well versed in TV purchasing...

So is the price difference just because it isn't like.. uh.. Samsung / LG / Sony etc? I know nothing and do not see Vizio on anything but some TV's so while I'm googling just trying to gather lots of info.

Ok, so its not a Vizio, but why make a new topic; This might be a stupid question, but I rarely see 40" TVs, usually 37" or 42" etc. Is there a reason not many 1080p HDTVs are 40" such as loss of quality, awkward viewing sizes or something?

Anyways here is the link to the 40" Dynex HDTV.

Dynex tvs are cheap bestbuy first party brand. They suck dick. There cheap but quality sucks, life on then sucks. I had a friend buy a 42" last black Friday for 350. Besides it being 720p and quality wasn't all that great, it also broke in July. Best buy will not cover him because they said it was a power surge. Funny thing is I was with him and we were playing killzone 2 when it happened. It just died. There was no power surge.

But I mean for a tv so cheap and a brand/company so ****ty I didn't expect them to warranty there brand.

Just remember you pay for quality.

Dynex tvs are cheap bestbuy first party brand. They suck dick. There cheap but quality sucks, life on then sucks. I had a friend buy a 42" last black Friday for 350. Besides it being 720p and quality wasn't all that great, it also broke in July. Best buy will not cover him because they said it was a power surge. Funny thing is I was with him and we were playing killzone 2 when it happened. It just died. There was no power surge.

But I mean for a tv so cheap and a brand/company so ****ty I didn't expect them to warranty there brand.

Just remember you pay for quality.

Thank you! Very insightful, definitely won't be purchasing that Dynex then.

You are def better off saving up for a more established brand. Sony, Samsung, LG, Sharp - consider it more of an investment of paying a higher price now instead of paying a low end price twice over the life of the TV. Everytime I am at Costco there are 1 or 2 Vizio tv's at the Customer Service desk that were returned by customers.. because of that alone I steer clear from Vizio..

The issue is, it will be one of my birthday or Christmas presents, so I know I'm a bit ahead of the time for Christmas, and deals will change. Just trying to understand and research. It will be 1 of multiple gifts so bang for buck is the route. So, Sony, Samsung, LG, Sharp are the way to go? Also, nobody answered the question about 40" vs 37"/42" TVs. Is there a reason 40" aren't as prevalent?

Also, I've looked at: Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, HH Gregg, TigerDirect.com, Newegg.com. Are there any sites or stores you know of that really have better prices than others, especially around the holidays? Just trying to cut out the work for my parents so I can just say - "here! best deal".

I got myself a 32" Dynex LCD TV the other day and I must say that I'm impressed, I paid $300 for it and it perfectly does the job. Mind you that I can afford those $3000+ 3D TVs so I was just being cheap here. I was replacing another non brand name LCD TV which was giving me trouble lately and I simply love this one, for $300 bucks is a steal, Call of Duty looks awesome, blu rays looks awesome, and if it lasts more than year then its a good purchase.

The issue is, it will be one of my birthday or Christmas presents, so I know I'm a bit ahead of the time for Christmas, and deals will change. Just trying to understand and research. It will be 1 of multiple gifts so bang for buck is the route. So, Sony, Samsung, LG, Sharp are the way to go? Also, nobody answered the question about 40" vs 37"/42" TVs. Is there a reason 40" aren't as prevalent?

Also, I've looked at: Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, HH Gregg, TigerDirect.com, Newegg.com. Are there any sites or stores you know of that really have better prices than others, especially around the holidays? Just trying to cut out the work for my parents so I can just say - "here! best deal".

I think its all down to the Brand - Samsung and Sony def make 40 inch TVs.. in fact I dont think they make 37/42 in their popular models. So the size is just the brands choice on which they are going to offer - Sammys usually go 40-46-52 (for their LCD line up LN series) - then it varies along the different models.

I got myself a 32" Dynex LCD TV the other day and I must say that I'm impressed, I paid $300 for it and it perfectly does the job. Mind you that I can afford those $3000+ 3D TVs so I was just being cheap here. I was replacing another non brand name LCD TV which was giving me trouble lately and I simply love this one, for $300 bucks is a steal, Call of Duty looks awesome, blu rays looks awesome, and if it lasts more than year then its a good purchase.

That's good to know, and since I won't be getting this TV for another 2-3 months I'll expect an update to make sure the Dynex is still running ;) (only because of previous statements).

I think its all down to the Brand - Samsung and Sony def make 40 inch TVs.. in fact I dont think they make 37/42 in their popular models. So the size is just the brands choice on which they are going to offer - Sammys usually go 40-46-52 (for their LCD line up LN series) - then it varies along the different models.

Very helpful information. I'll be back soon with more questions.

My wife and I have an LG LED LCD 42 inch we bought for about 1200, you can get it at Best Buy for 999.99 right now...I know out of the budget range...I just wanted to say that we have had great viewing experiences with our LG. Interface is easy to use, colours are vibrant and for being an edge lit LED.

Oh...Apparently it's back-lit. I guess I should know my own t.v...All this time I thought it was edge-lit! ^_~. Which is better?

Anyways, bottom line! LG is a pretty solid brand :).

Vizio is fine if you need a smaller tv as the bigger you get in screen size the more apt you are to see any anomolies (for the most part). So if you are sticking with a 42" or so go with LG or Samsung. Personally I stay away from Sony only because they seem to always cost a bit more in feature/size comparison. IMO you are just paying for the Sony name.

I personally have a 32" samsung 500 series and I ****ing love it. Living room has a 42" hitachi that's also beautiful. Dad got a great damn deal on it or he was looking at a samsung 40" 1080p for 700. Sams Club had the hitachi as a Black Friday DOOR BUSTER and holy hell it competes with the samsung 40 we almost got. So we are very happy with it. But my next tv(after we move next year) will be a 42" samsung led and 32" will be in bedroom.

But i LOVE samsung products. Sony products your paying too much for and they don't give credit to Westinghouse for making them damn good tvs.

My list overall is Samsung/Hitachi, LG, Sharp and Pioneer. I prefer Pioneer top if I go for plasma.

• 3 weeks later...

I have that Vizio that you're asking about and I find it to be pretty excellent. Fantastic picture in HD broadcasts, Bluray discs, and in videogames. No problems as of yet and I've had it for 10 months.

I tried a VIZIO, but during 'Star Trek:Enterprise' the Andorrans were green, not blue. I used it for about 5 hours, and had to take it back, it wa snot of the best quality. The USB interface would lose connection to the USB drives, and when it did work, it had issues with the supported video codexes. Costco guy told me that they had a lot of returns, i picked out a Sony 40" LCD with 120mhz, and love it. Right now, it's Sony or nothing for me.