Database project ideas

careless_monkey

So I have a project for 3 moths for my course to build a database with not so simple complexity. I went to the prof to ask him if a student centre (which involves adding/deleting, student information, list of profs) would work; but it was too simplistic for him.

My partner is now thinking of building a database of solar system or galaxy.

I just need some project ideas. Any suggestions?

And yeah this is the first and basic databast course.

+John Teacake

Since I am interested in the worlds financial markets I'd do something with that!

IrfanL

Complex database??? Hmm... what about Retail database with Sales, Inventory, Warehouse, Procurement for a consumer product line...

Singh400

Something about hospitals..? Bookings, appointments, doctors, patients, nurses, cancellation, open clinics, organisations, department etc etc

• 4 weeks later...
careless_monkey

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

But, my partner and I decided to build a database of our solar system. This does sound very basic and not too complex. But for our final product my TA needs something more complex because our database design cannot meet the needs of complexity. So we thought of building a realtime GUI which will be web based and decided to use HTML5. Using this we can display a 2D model of our solar system and display the corresponding attributes of stars/planets when a user clicks on them.

So now the problem is, are we heading in the right direction? I'm using cakePHP to build the database in mySQL and then use HTML5 to build the interface of our 2D model.

Right now, I have NO IDEA about HTML5. Is there a good resource where I can lookup for examples on how to build interface and stuffs in HTML5?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks! :-)

• 1 year later...
Sharifur Rahman

Task Management System

Hotel Management System

E-Ticket System

Electricity Bill Payment System

Database Management System for Stock Exchange

E-Tender Management System etc are the famous project idea on database management system. For more information just go this site. I think it will be helpful for you.

http://databaseconcept.blogspot.com/2012/03/database-project-ideas.html