The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Destructoid: The place where failed gamers make fail reviews.

Don't they use school kids for most of their reviews?

Patch is 10gb from Steam. Hopefully they introduce

dwarven women

, seems like a massive sausage fest.

Steam has a problem where they replace the files rather than just installing a patch which is why a 25mb patch turns into 9gb :crazy:

Well **** that. I probably love the game as a whole, but design is absolutely horrible. I was going to write a long rant about it, but it seems Destructoid got that already. Its almost like there were no q&a and game testing during development. Ultimately its just not fun in the end.

Steam has a problem where they replace the files rather than just installing a patch which is why a 25mb patch turns into 9gb :crazy:

Wow, and here I thought they'd screwed up the launch enough already!

Extremely unhappy with CD Projekt right now. Whatever the hell they release next, I might well wait until I know it's actually going to be properly handled to buy it.

So with the GOG version, is there a specific place to grab the patch for download, or will the game get it automatically on launch?

Those patches do not work on GOG version. As far as i know link to GOG patch can be found somewhere in your account at gog.com.

That's interesting because this page here specifically says they only work with the gog version:

http://www.gog.com/en/news/the_witcher_2_1_1_patch_is_available_now

Note: This patch only works on the gog.com version of the game.

I guess I must be missing something.

Edit: Oh, I see, reading fail. It says at the top: The first patch for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is available right now in the "additional content" area of your download in "My Account".

Im not sure we are understanding each other. Like I said - those patches from witcher home page aren't compatible with GOG version. Patch is available in the "additional content" area of your download in "My Account" (to quote gog.com).

Edit: There :D

From CDP summer press event:

The game sold 400k units in the first week.

X360 version has been officially confirmed, should be out by the end of the year.

Probably because it is not by Bioware and EA, and its not as hard and immersive as Dragon Age 2. :)

^^

EDIT: Or maybe it wasn't as hard as Valve's Source games, you know so hard that you don't even die unless you're an idiot.

6/10 for Witcher II is OK, but then there is no game with >9/10 and Dragon Age II deserves 3/10. DA2 is piece of s***

But if someone rates TW2 6/10 and DA2 7/10 - he is untrustworthy.

6/10 for Witcher II is OK, but then there is no game with >9/10 and Dragon Age II deserves 3/10. DA2 is piece of s***

But if someone rates TW2 6/10 and DA2 7/10 - he is untrustworthy.

There's this thing called opinions, and they differ for everyone. Also, since when is any reviewer trustworthy?

4 button combat, a 4-way easy to port inventory interface + wheel for abilities, a complete "on rails" storyline with very little branching, bosses were practically straight out of any a-typical slashfest and.. door area transition.

The game reminded me greatly of Dragon Age II, which was a huge disappointment for me, much like Witcher 2 ended up in being. I guess PC gamers nowadays are so starving for any games that they're willing to suck anything and if anyone disagrees, they get flamed - sad, really sad.

I think you should play the game before you comment on how it plays because it very evident you have not played even a few minutes of the game!

will be getting this on the 360...should be fully patched by then...and more stable...plus it would be nice to play an RPG other than Skyrim on the 360 towards Xmas.

I recently finished Roche's Path and found it somewhat in lack of game information.

Now I play Iorweth's Path and it just seems more fun, fighting alongside Dwarfs, drinking at the Inn and listening to them constantly talking about ploughing.

The game's much more clearer about the main quest and things happened when I played Roche's Path.

are any of you encountering the broken mission/quest structures found in the previous game? i'd like to know. this was what ruined the first Witcher for me, that and the difficulty spikes (didn't feel like restarting on easy).

are any of you encountering the broken mission/quest structures found in the previous game? i'd like to know. this was what ruined the first Witcher for me, that and the difficulty spikes (didn't feel like restarting on easy).

I didn't see any totally broken quests, but there were problems with the quest markers seemingly being in the totally wrong place and it just not telling you what to to occasionally.

I never even finished the first game. I feel bad but I just couldn't get back into it.

I will pick this one up but only when I have time to focus solely on it. I can't return to a game like the Witcher when I bounce around on other games simultaneously.

I recently finished Roche's Path and found it somewhat in lack of game information.

Now I play Iorweth's Path and it just seems more fun, fighting alongside Dwarfs, drinking at the Inn and listening to them constantly talking about ploughing.

The game's much more clearer about the main quest and things happened when I played Roche's Path.

Agreed. Iorveth's path was much, much better.

nope, solid as a rock for me (only 15 hours in though). I also thought I had a few issues with quest markers being in the wrong spots but then I'd always realise that they were just above or beneath me. Damn this multi tiered dwarven village is like a maze lol.

Best game I've played since.... I dunno there's heaps of good games every year. Best RPG I've played since the Witcher for sure. Much more polished than Dragon Age. The script and story is just sooo much better. And don't get me wrong, I loved Dragon Age!

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i need help...

i am at the part where you have to find cedric while looking for Triss. I know you are suppose to use CAT potion to look in the dark and be able to see the blood but everytime i try to use it, it does this:

2011-07-11_00001.jpg

what am I doing wrong?

edit: nvm found him, just kept walking around until i did...