The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Witcher 2's insane difficulty revealed

The Witcher 2's insane difficulty is just that ? if you die you have to start the game again from the very beginning.

"You can save the game, but when you die the saves are disabled," explained lead gameplay designer Mateusz Kanik to Eurogamer.

Full article: Eurogamer

Definitely sth not for me :p

Hmmmm....I guess that's a proper way to do a hardcore-styled difficulty in a game that allows you to save manually. Really it's no more than hardcore mode in many other games, the only difference is Witcher 2 will likely be longer than many other games that have a hardcore mode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

liking the voicework in The Witcher right now, even though it's very inconsistent and some of it very repetitive - "my lungs, some kind of curse!" anyone?

but like Asik said, voice work is very expensive and time consuming. i was once paid over $300 for four hours of amateur voice work for some ESL tapes...i imagine the people who do voices for games get paid a lot more than that.

Maybe it's just me but I enjoyed the voiceovers/dialogue in the Witcher. Moreso than in Dragon Age and probably more than in Mass Effect though I'd really need to play them side by side to make a decision (Mass Effect and The Witcher that is).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i like Geralt, he's a cool guy, but i don't like that cover art. when is this coming out finally, it's been coming soon for so long?

i like Geralt, he's a cool guy, but i don't like that cover art. when is this coming out finally, it's been coming soon for so long?

The speculation comes to an end! CD Projekt RED today confirmed the release date of the one of the most-awaited RPG titles of 2011. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is targeted for release on May 17, 2011. Release dates in specific territories may vary, and will be confirmed closer to the date.

http://witchervault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=58994

CDPR confirms Witcher II spec list, releases new screens

CD Project?s confirmed the full list of specifications for The Witcher II when it releases in May.

witcher-ii-2.jpg

And here they are:

Minimum:

• OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
  • Memory: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista and Windows 7
  • Video Card: 512 MB RAM, supporting Pixel Shader 3.0 (Nvidia GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD3850)

Required:

• OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or AMD Phenom X4
  • Memory: 3 GB Windows XP / 4 GB Windows Vista and Windows 7
  • Video Card: 1 GB RAM, supporting Pixel Shader 3.0 (Nvidia GeForce GTX260 or ATI Radeon HD4850)

[...]

[source:VG247]

I assume "Required" should read "Recommended"? Be sort of odd to list minimum and required specs and have them at different values. :p

Yes. If anything, "required" could be used as a replacement for "minimum". Anyway, I'm so glad that it's coming out in May.

I think I already said that, but I'm very worried about the language quality. I'm not expecting Bioware-grade writing, but at least something between that and the barely functional translation we got in The Witcher. This is really what broke the original for me, and yet there hasn't been a word about it for the Witcher 2. We'll have to wait and see.