The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

I wish my friend would've preordered from GoG.com. He needs me to download the game for him because his internet is terrible cappped wireless internet, and the steam version he preordered doesn't allow preloading.

Soo, he gets to wait until launch day for me to download it & get it to him.

Finally got round to ordering the collectors edition.

Everytime i think about The Witcher, i always remember how good the game was and never think of its flaws. Hopefully the new game will fix those (it is looking like it will).

I guess I should have done a bit of research before picking 1 up, I actually saw someone mention the yellow spots and SLi, but did not think much of it. So yeah, the lighting system, in particular flames, is just terribly messed up with SLi. It basically sees through walls, so even if there is a flame on the other side of the castle let's say, I see it as a yellow spot. I read one way to fix it was to run nHancer and turn off ALRS to 2 or something along those lines, but everytime I ran nHancer, literally nothing happened, it just would not load. And I checked and I have the latest version. But it does not make the game unplayable, just makes it look rather crappy at times.

So i guess I see what people meant by the combat in 1 was also real time, it is not the worst combat system I have ever come across by any means, but I still prefer a bit more visceral of an experience, so hoping Part 2's combat is much better as they claim.

But overall my initial impression was I think I could maybe play it. I really only checked out 45 minutes last night, and a good 20 of those minutes was spent out of the game researching and trying to fix the yellow spot issue.

The start of the game does seem a bit slow. I actually started it once and stopped just after the first part. Then the second time i got past that part and kept playing, you soon become engrossed and can't stop playing it. Even when running backwards and forwards through the outskirts.

Here's a question for the people who have beaten the witcher 1. Is that dice game important? Should I even bother learning it? I don't think I bothered with it that much during the first part of the game.

I am looking forward to the game, that trailer however is one of the weakest launch trailers I've seen. Someone did not do a very good job with that!

I am looking forward to the game, that trailer however is one of the weakest launch trailers I've seen. Someone did not do a very good job with that!

Kidding right? I found it engrossing.

From the trailer above, posted by inferniac:

281194286.png

It flashes for a brief moment.

Agreed, some previous videos had me more hyped.

Here are the rest:

Hope:

Disdain & Fear

World of the Witcher 2:

Here's a question for the people who have beaten the witcher 1. Is that dice game important? Should I even bother learning it? I don't think I bothered with it that much during the first part of the game.

Not really important for the main quest unless you really want to go for additional dice game quests.

They'd better start the friggin preloads soon :crazy: I know Valve doesn't like too many preloads at once (Fable 3) but damn it...

I read it's GOG exclusive. Sucks cause I have the Steam version...

29y5f11.jpg

Want a weak launch trailer? Look at f.3.a.r.

this one was great.

I have my copy installed but cant play until the 17th, arrrrrrrrrrrrrr, itching to play it. Like the little text messages in the trailers.

Oh and free DLC, awesome, another reason I hope people don't pirate this game and support these devs (and pc exclusives.......well for now at least its a pc exclusive)

Oh and for ?25 the premium edition is awesome, the little extras are very cool addition compared to the normal box and cd

What the hell, Steam say it'll be released on the 18th now. FFS!!! :angry:

Says 1 day and 12 hours from now, should be 12pm eastern time here on may 17th

Says 1 day and 12 hours from now, should be 12pm eastern time here on may 17th

Argghhh, so it's an American launch date but it also launches worldwide at the same time? I swear that Steam was showing me the 17th until today. Have to wait till Wednesday then, but I've got uni and also on Thursday :cry:

My collectors edition arrived today!

Had to send it to my brother as shopto wanted ?23.99 postage to send it to the island... they've lost business on all collectors editions in the future.

So hopefully he'll send it off today and i'll get it tomorrow... i doubt it though.

Really looking forward to it. PC is good enough so hopefully i can max it right out.