Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

Without context of the last film it may sound like that, but it's actually regarding how he is seen as a vigilante and winning people over again.

i.e this film will probably end on a triumph victory whatever happens.

to me it means Gotham goes into turmoil and the Dark Knight rises from the dust to save them all!

And at the end of the second, it was the Dark Knight's fall from grace, hence his rising from the ashes of being believed as a murderer.

I guess. I didn't think of it that way. The title still irks me for some reason, but it does make more sense now.

The movie will still be awesome though. (Y)

If Mr. Freeze was done well, like he was in the cartoon...then it's possible he could make a good villain. However, I would like to see The Riddler, I think Nolan would have a great take on him.

If Mr. Freeze was done well, like he was in the cartoon...then it's possible he could make a good villain. However, I would like to see The Riddler, I think Nolan would have a great take on him.

yeah his take would of been good but maybe he just looks around the internet and sees everyone wants him and goes against that :p

I was chatting to a mate on msn who agrees with me in hoping that we see the Asylum and maybe a whole row of cells of villains! like little nods to other bad guys!

Talia (Ra's daughter) as the villain/love interest? Like the title, has a Frank Miller vibe to it.

Yeah, I could see that happening. New love interest, book ends for the trilogy with her father in the first, her in the last. How does Batman deal with it. Could be interesting.

I don't want to see a Mr. Freeze story. I've grown tired of the same villains we have already seen, except for joker and clayface and scarecrow. Others are just sort of dull themselves, or their back stories are pretty dull.

I think a scarecrow/bane mix could be a great movie. But neither villain is good enough to be on their own.

If they are to go with a female villain, Poison Ivy could be a good choice, but would be hard to pull off I believe.

I would really like clayface, as they could have him stir up all sorts of trouble, along with some hopefully sweet cgi fights. But having a character who could look like anyone could lead for a interesting movie I think.

I would really like clayface, as they could have him stir up all sorts of trouble, along with some hopefully sweet cgi fights. But having a character who could look like anyone could lead for a interesting movie I think.

Please NO! The Dark Knight had very minimal cgi (the Hong Kong scene because filming conditions were too dangerous to actually film someone hang gliding around the 2 buildings, it was too windy). This is a film that does NOT need any elaborate cgi. Batman Begins had some, mainly when the scare crow used his chemicals and caused people to hallucinate, and the train was a scaled model, but I don't remember TDK having any (besides what I just mentioned). Plus, in a few years, cgi will look dated, but real scenes will not look that way as fast.

Please NO! The Dark Knight had very minimal cgi (the Hong Kong scene because filming conditions were too dangerous to actually film someone hang gliding around the 2 buildings, it was too windy). This is a film that does NOT need any elaborate cgi. Batman Begins had some, mainly when the scare crow used his chemicals and caused people to hallucinate, and the train was a scaled model, but I don't remember TDK having any (besides what I just mentioned). Plus, in a few years, cgi will look dated, but real scenes will not look that way as fast.

Say no to any cartoonish villains in Nolan's Batworld. But after his third & a decade later, maybe DC will reboot the franchise once again. I think the next Batman films will be more stylish. Enough with this realism crap. I'm getting pretty bored with realistic superhero movies. I want a Batman (or any comic book) movie to look something like 300 or Sin City. Then you could include villains that wouldn't exist in Nolan's Batman universe.

Say no to any cartoonish villains in Nolan's Batworld. But after his third & a decade later, maybe DC will reboot the franchise once again. I think the next Batman films will be more stylish. Enough with this realism crap. I'm getting pretty bored with realistic superhero movies. I want a Batman (or any comic book) movie to look something like 300 or Sin City. Then you could include villains that wouldn't exist in Nolan's Batman universe.

Well People like this "realism crap". There is a reason why it is the highest rated and grossing superhero movie ever.

We had the non-realism Batman. They produced a hard nippled bat suit and a list of horrible cold related puns. Nitty and gritty makes it all the more special :D

IMDB has recently updated their cast list for The Dark Knight Rises, and in this casting update Tom Hardy was listed as playing Detective Harvey Bullock (rumored) which is the first time I've heard of this rumor. IMDB has had it's hits and misses when posting rumors like this, so there is the possibility it could end up being true.

Harvey Bullock was a well known corrupt cop that took bribes and used police brutality. Bullock later turned a new leaf and formed a close partnership with Renee Montoya and Commissioner Gordon.

I can definitely see Hardy taking on the role of Bullock, but he could also fit the bill for several other characters in the movie as well. The only thing that been confirmed as of right now is that Hardy will play a lead role in the movie.

Rumor has is that Charlize Theron and a few other Hollywood beauties have been are being courted for the new love interests in The Dark Knight Rises. But even more excitingly, one of these ladies could bring Clayface with her.
Comic Book Movie got a tip that Theron has been approached to play Detective Sarah Essen, who will be the love interest for Jim Gordon. This character winds up having an affair with Gordon, and it's implied that Essen might be shown to be the real mother of Batgirl. Odd, as we thought Nolan already addressed the Batgirl story, in Batman Begins, perhaps not.
The next big tip from CMB is the one that has us really excited ? actresses Kacie Thomas and Vera Farmiga have both auditioned for the role of Julie Madison, a possible Bruce Wayne love interest. These are two very different actresses indeed, and honestly we hope they go with Farmiga, but let's focus on the character Madison for now. Madison is a socialite/actress, who was actually engaged to Bruce at some point or another. Still the most interesting thing about Madison is her involvement with the villain Clayface. Madison is eventually cast to remake a classic film that originally starred B-list movie star Basil Karlo, an actor not handling his aging very gracefully. Naturally Kalo is beyond ****ed about the remake, and decides to start murdering all of the people involved, until Batman intervenes. Who knows if this storyline would turn up in the film, but the Clayface-Julie Madison connection seems promising.

I know these rumors are a little heartbreaking for Catwoman fans, but this totally backs up our previous guess that Clayface would turn up in this film. Plus the vain-actor version of Clayface is just dying for the gritty Nolan touch. This storyline is almost too perfect in its timeliness, with all the remakes running rampant in Hollywood.

This won't be the Clayface everyone knows. Nolan's Clayface will be like the original 40's version, a crazy B-actor in mask, that goes on a killing spree when he finds out his movie is being remade. In fact most of what I see above are stories from 40's Detective Comics.

Nice to see them dust off the old Golden Age stuff, but having Batman take on an upset actor seems lame, especially after dealing with Joker and Ras.

Nice to see them dust off the old Golden Age stuff, but having Batman take on an upset actor seems lame, especially after dealing with Joker and Ras.

not just lame but seriously underwhelming. i think we're better off looking for a villain that would fit into the world of organized crime thats been set up in the first 2 movies.