Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

Yeah but you can't compare Joker to Bane, even in the comics. Joker is iconic even outside comics while Bane is only really famous for breaking the bat's back. I mean hell, Bane is a good guy (sorta) in the comics! lol

Yeah but you can't compare Joker to Bane, even in the comics. Joker is iconic even outside comics while Bane is only really famous for breaking the bat's back. I mean hell, Bane is a good guy (sorta) in the comics! lol

Maybe not the character, but the performance of the character and the stupid voice. I really can't get past that horrible voice.

Well some of the blame for his voice has to go to us (not you or me, but you know what i mean) for complaining about his voice from the trailers. Nolan said he didn't go back and change the voice, but it's pretty obvious he did. Unless he said he did someplace else I missed.

I thought the voice was realistic.. that's kinda what I would expect through a contraption like that... something that was amplified and somewhat hard to understand.

Perhaps we should have a TDKR thread under Movie Ratings? That way there's no need to throw spoiler tags, have potential for people getting upset that someone hasn't used a spoiler tag, all that jazz.

I still don't get why they don't just move movie threads there at release over the current two thread system.

Going tomorrow, can't wait.

The movie was entirely epic. I agree with the above about it being a "dark" movie. It's easily the darkest super hero movie ever and I'm still surprised it got a PG-13 rating. After watching The Dark Knight 10 times, I finally found things I didn't particurally love and I'm sure this movie will be the same, but as it stands, this movie is easily the best movie I have ever had the privelege of enjoying.

For me, it's a 10/10.

Quite good, not so good as The Dark Knight though (Course, it's way better than most recent releases). Liked the ending though the film seemed to collapse into tedium in the middle. John Blake I did quite like. Catwoman and Bane were good though Bane felt a bit off (Or at least, well,

the plan

)

Just got from seeing it.

A very good film, however it doesn't overcome Dark Knight for me.

I felt the beginning of the film was too slow and I couldn't get into it.

Tom Hardy stormed the show for me, he played Bane perfectly.

The first fight scene between Bane and Batman was my favourite scene, truly epic.

Anne Hathaway played Catwoman very well too. Overall, I would give it a 8.5/10. I agree with other comments on here, watch Batman Begins before you go.

I just came back from screening it. It was amazing. 9 out of 10. It was missing that something extra that would have pushed from fantastic to spectacular. That extra something for me, might have been

If Bruce/Batman actually died or if we did not see him at all after the bomb, but rather that it was hinted that he was still alive.

I just came back from screening it. It was amazing. 9 out of 10. It was missing that something extra that would have pushed from fantastic to spectacular. That extra something for me, might have been

If Bruce/Batman actually died or if we did not see him at all after the bomb, but rather that it was hinted that he was still alive.

basically the only thing missing from the ending was michael cane spinning a totem to check if it wasn't a dream

Definitely an epic movie and I enjoyed the cameos as well. However, I thought it was very slow in the beginning and drawn out but it made up for it at the end (that tied up the loose ends). It will be very interesting to see how the Batman character is when they do the Justice League movie.

Definitely an epic movie and I enjoyed the cameos as well. However, I thought it was very slow in the beginning and drawn out but it made up for it at the end (that tied up the loose ends). It will be very interesting to see how the Batman character is when they do the Justice League movie.

If they ever do a JL movie. And if they do, it won't be Nolan's Batman that's for sure. Certainly not played by Bale at the very least.

I keep seeing people say that this is the last film, but for those who've seen it, we know that there could be another, maybe not with Nolan behind the camera, but Christian Bale even said he's up for another film. This film totally sets up a fourth film too. Why else would Nolan write in Robin if there wasn't that possibility? The studio and DC Comics are able to do it without Nolan, right?

I keep seeing people say that this is the last film, but for those who've seen it, we know that there could be another, maybe not with Nolan behind the camera, but Christian Bale even said he's up for another film. This film totally sets up a fourth film too. Why else would Nolan write in Robin if there wasn't that possibility? The studio and DC Comics are able to do it without Nolan, right?

Christian Bale said he's finished with Batman, he won't do another.

I guess he put Robin in IF someone did want to do a spin-off, but I can't see it happening..

They'll do another batman, and I don't think they'll go for a reboot now with how well fans like this type of batman. If it ain't broke don't rush to fix it. Nothing wrong with getting someone new to play batman though, it's not the first time and it won't be the last time they switch. Besides I'm sure WB can get Nolan to hand it off to someone else he likes and let them run with it while he's more of an EP on the project. Like with the new Superman.

Christian Bale said he's finished with Batman, he won't do another.

I guess he put Robin in IF someone did want to do a spin-off, but I can't see it happening..

Do you have a source? I do: http://www.superhero...t-fourth-batman

"My understanding is that this is the last one. I think it's appropriate, I think it's going out at the right time. But...if Chris came to me with a script and said, 'You know what? There is another story' then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work," he said.

That was May 29, 2012.

My rating: 8/10

It was a decent film but the beginning lacked focus and some of the characters seemed a bit contrived.

I found the scene where Robin was trying to save a single bus full of children to be ludicrous when there were millions of people in the city that needed to escape.

And despite its length the film still felt a bit rushed. Bane was okay as an adversary but I wasn't particularly impressed with his portrayal - I thought the Arkham games did a better job. And I found the audio quality to be pretty poor, with background noises, excessive reverb and Bane's electro-voice making dialogue hard to make out at times. I think it's the weakest film of the trilogy but still an excellent film and I much prefer the style to that of the Marvel films.

I'd like to see this style of film continued, though it would be great for the team behind the Batman trilogy to focus on some of the other DC characters. I'd love to see the Justice League done properly, especially after what they did in Smallville - but it would be a huge challenge to compete with the Avengers, particularly when most of the Marvel characters have their own films to develop the characters. Anther option would be a film that focuses on one of the traditional villains and what drives them to do what they do.

Do you have a source? I do: http://www.superhero...t-fourth-batman

"My understanding is that this is the last one. I think it's appropriate, I think it's going out at the right time. But...if Chris came to me with a script and said, 'You know what? There is another story' then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work," he said.

That was May 29, 2012.

You got me there, older articles said he didn't want too but seems like he's changed his mind!

Yeah, lotsa money will do that to people (especially when your other franchise is dead in the water, I'm looking at you Terminator Salvation) :)

I would love to see more Batman movies in the current style.

Loved to first two, but sadly have to wait another month before I can go and see TDKR :(