Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

That's what I thought they were building up to at first. Just a smash cut to black, and I would have been thrilled by it, but it would have been too much like the ending to Inception.

I firmly believe that if Nolan didn't make Inception, he could have ended the scene that way and it would have been satisfactory to the viewer that Bruce Wayne lived on (a requirement by Warner Bros.) But, with Inception, people still believe that this was a dream/illusion by Alfred, despite him seeing Wayne with Selena which Alfred had no idea Wayne was involved with.

Because Nolan's Bat films act like they are very powerful and clever, but they just aren't imo.

The beauty of Nolan's blockbuster films is that you don't need your thinking cap on to enjoy them (hence the blockbuster appeal). But, if you have an acquired palette in literature, political science, psychology etc., it is very interesting to watch. Not to mention, the themes are easily accessible to viewers, such as overcoming fear (Batman Begins) and the will to survive (The Dark Knight Rises). Of course, there is nothing wrong with watching **** explode for two hours in a Michael Bay film. In fact, Nolan admires Michael Bay's action work and it is evident in this film.

I'm British as well but still found it very difficult to make out what he was saying at points. I really had to concentrate to understand each sentence, which makes it more difficult to enjoy the film. And there's no way that Bane even came close to the standard of the Joker, though that's mainly because the character was barely developed - the character was a bit one-dimensional, especially after the portrayal of Two-Face and the Joker in the previous film.

Standard of the Joker no not at all but as far as better performance hardy by far beat heath. Plus hardys still alive after the movie so thats 1 point for him.

I thought this pic was funny though. Must have worn the headpiece alot in the sun.

epic-fail-fail-nation-banes-tan-lines-fail.png

Standard of the Joker no not at all but as far as better performance hardy by far beat heath. Plus hardys still alive after the movie so thats 1 point for him.

I thought this pic was funny though. Must have worn the headpiece alot in the sun.

epic-fail-fail-nation-banes-tan-lines-fail.png

LOL.

He wouldn't be able to jump period, not to mention perform an olympic long jump after having his back broken just a month prior.

I'm pretty sure he had been in the prison for nearly 4 months by the time he escaped. Gotham had been on lockdown for three months. This was stated in the film. Then at the point they said the bomb would explode in 23 days is where he makes his second attempt at the jump (if I remember correctly). Either way, he had been there at least three months as Bane put him there prior to really taking Gotham. And, not knowing the extent of the damage to his back, that may have been plenty of time to heal.

Oh yeah. It's a movie. A movie based on a comic book hero that leaps from the tops of skyscrapers with no parachute.

Overall, I thought the movie was awful -- easily the worst of the trilogy.

Hopefully Nolan sticks to original projects from now on.

Totally agree, this movie was not a Batman movie, only 2 action scene's with Bane, and 2 more fighting criminals, no gadgets were used (that?s what made batman, batman), half the movie all he does is him hovering with that new toy of his, no backstory to the catwomen, they suddenly become partners, I understand it?s a comic book movie, and I am a fan of the previous installments in this trilogy, but this movie was just ridiculous with the way they approached some of the scenes. I?m trying to recall if any Batman movie ever had the character fight in broad daylight like he has throughout this whole movie, the movie made him seem like he had super speed and bullet dodging abilities, which in the first installments, he used darkness, gadgets to get to enemies.

:|

I think the movie pointed out that his back wasn't "broken" it was a slipped disc that the other guy basically jammed back in. Some people in here have had that experience and can tell you that after a few months or so you're back on your feet. Of course the time also depends on how fit someone is, and batman is fit so just go with that.

But yes, when bane took him down it was spring/summer in Gotham and when he makes it back we're obviously in the middle of winter etc, more than 1 month has passed for sure. The back problem shouldn't even be an issue compared to some of the other things you guys bring up.

• 2 weeks later...

finally saw it and got a question.

after Bruce and Miranda were done with sex Bruce touched her back and felt a boomerang shape scar. what is that scar? is it something to do with her father and the organization?

I finally got to see TDKR yesterday, it was good & I liked it, even though there were some problems, granted it could've been much better. And, they basically set up a sequel that's never going to happen!

:|

:laugh: I highly doubt Bane survived that shot from the Batpod. Afterall, the Batpod did actually blow up a Tumbler. lol.

:laugh: I highly doubt Bane survived that shot from the Batpod. Afterall, the Batpod did actually blow up a Tumbler. lol.

I think he meant the actor was still alive, that's what I picked up on it

I think he meant the actor was still alive, that's what I picked up on it

I totally mis read that. lol.

• 1 month later...

Dear god, that is horrid. I hope they don't pay anyone to do these designs.

Agreed.

Anybody know how much the broken crown edition is? I would have bought the trilogy but I already own the other two :(

• 1 month later...

Same as that! Couldnt bare sitting in an uncomfortable cinema seat for that amount of time!

I'd rather pull of two and a half hours in the cinema than half a year to see the Bluray, but to each his own.

I really wanna see it again, speaking of the Bluray, when is it out?

I'd rather pull of two and a half hours in the cinema than half a year to see the Bluray, but to each his own.

I really wanna see it again, speaking of the Bluray, when is it out?

Early December, I believe.

I have extra curricular activities that ill be enjoying whilst watching it at home, no way of sneaking a 4ft bong into the cinema!