Razer Imperator Mouse Problem!

I have a Razer Imperator laser mouse and my issue is that sometimes it seems to enter sleep mode when windows 7 loads up the mouse wheel blue led and pulsating razer logo are turned off and the mouse pointer is stuck..then if I press any mouse buttons or just move the mouse the led`s light up and the pointer start to work fine!

Firmware is 1.04 also tried 1.13 but still the same!

any1 has experienced the same issue on this mouse?

No issues here (1.13 firmware and OS), but I do not often use Sleep mode. Do you have the drivers installed? Have you tried with and without the drivers?

I tried everything with latest mouse drivers v1.02 and without! I just turned on my pc right now and the mouse is again not lit/working! i have to slightly move it to start working again and become lit...i hate it !!

It sounds like the mouse is going into a sleep mode, moving it wakes it up, what exactly is wrong with that?

Anyway, try another mouse that has some form of lights and see if it exhibits the same behavior.

You can also try going into your device manager, opening up the properties of your mouse (by double clicking it) and going to the Power Management tab, make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked (if its like mine, the option will be grayed out anyway). Another thing you can try is going into your power options, then Advanced power settings, under USB Settings -> USB selective suspend settings try changing it to Disabled (if its enabled) and see if the behavior stops or not.

It sounds like a system issue not a mouse issue though, so I'm willing to bet its something that needs changing in your system configuration to "fix" the minor issue.

• 2 years later...

download the drivers then load the imperator configurator. once its done loading with the mouse, click on the lighting tab and disable the lighting for the mouse. The lighting uses most power so your computer is most likely sleeping/shutting it off until it reboots.

this should fix your problem as it did for me.

have a good one mate :)