Chess!

Does anyone play chess?

I do like it but I'm not very good at it. What kind of chess board do you have? I have been looking for a nice one but mine is quite specific as I want one that is proper figurines, from King Arthur or Medievil times but I sort of want it to have a Merlon/Wizard kind of theme/look. However, I do not want a Harry Potter set!

Ones a bit like these:

king_arthur_chess_set_on_board_800.jpg

or

index1.jpg

Just interested :D

Use to play chess all the time.

Was my Jr. High school champion in 7th & 8th grade!!

Never could beat my dad though. P***ed me off to the max!! :laugh:

I like chess rarely play and im not as good as i use to be. Dont have a chess set or anything but i like the type of chess set CandyMan has glass with a glass board. Did see a really nice one somewhere may of been in a movie tho lol

I like chess rarely play and im not as good as i use to be. Dont have a chess set or anything but i like the type of chess set CandyMan has glass with a glass board. Did see a really nice one somewhere may of been in a movie tho lol

Mine's exactly like this

It was cheap (I think I got it for 20 canadian) but it's served me well for 10 years now.

I would like a nice oak or cherry wood bordered one with a marble inlay and marble pieces...but I can't afford it and can't justify it in the foreseeable future

I love chess and often I don't find people around me who want to play. Even those whom I convince with great difficulty to play refuse to play when they lose. I play on ChessClub.com and Yahoo! Games. But even if you play online for money it's not that much fun as it is against real players face to face. Playing against a computer engine is great fun but not satisfying.

I had an old cardboard chess set with acrylic pieces but got a posh glass one similar to the one in Windows' Chess Titans via some silly Microsoft Annual Global Relationship Study. It looks like this and this. laugh.gif I had a Windows 3.1 game called StarWars Chess which came with my computer in 1993 which is still very enjoyable as the characters actually walk on the board when moved and fight with a short animation after every capture, just like the chess Harry, Ron and Hermy play in HP1. It has a strong engine compared considering it was 1993 but I also play modern ones based on Deep Fritz and Rybka. XP users can get a clone of Vista's Chess Titans with a much better engine by downloading Chess Giants.

• 5 weeks later...

I use to play all the time, but now not as often as I use to. No one else seems to like to play any more or care for the game... So it's hard to find someone to play with & I may be rusty now.

Oddly enough I bought 2 xBox 360 games so I could play with someone online, but almost no one plays Chess Master or Spyglass