Sucker Punch: Half a PS3 is better than a whole 360

Wanna run that by me again.

Wanna run that by me again. You go on pick one of the only bad looking screenshots on google images. That Gears screenshot is hardly good graphics, all that brown is horrific, the models might be high poly but the rockfaces look flat compared to the characters.

1258447737_1280x720_snow-mountain-in-uncharted-2.jpg

uncharted-2-among-thieves-20090818005648466.jpg

Game_Uncharted2_03.jpg

So so far the PS3 peopel think that

1: no games has as awesome graphics as UC and apparently no other good games exist

2: gaphircs is all about color

3: you're only supposed to judge games by the few areas with good graphics, and ignore the crappy, now res, badly bump mapped, flat poly chains, repeating textures, and so on majority of the game..

as for the last 2 screenshots. yeah, those are decent. but nothing I haven't seen at LEAST as good in Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare(2).

For the record, trees are NOT as green as they are in that first UC2 screenshot. not even after you apply highly liberal amounts of saturation and color vibrancy in raw processing of photos. There's a reason why brown, yellow and red are called natural colors. As far as GW, it also happens to be a post apocalyptic war game. Funny how all of you actually complained about all the colors and thought it was stupid back when Halo 3 was released though. hypocrisy anyone :rolleyes:

1: no games has as awesome graphics as UC and apparently no other good games exist

3: you're only supposed to judge games by the few areas with good graphics, and ignore the crappy, now res, badly bump mapped, flat poly chains, repeating textures, and so on majority of the game..

as for the last 2 screenshots. yeah, those are decent. but nothing I haven't seen at LEAST as good in Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare(2).

For the record, trees are NOT as green as they are in that first UC2 screenshot. not even after you apply highly liberal amounts of saturation and color vibrancy in raw processing of photos. There's a reason why brown, yellow and red are called natural colors. As far as GW, it also happens to be a post apocalyptic war game. Funny how all of you actually complained about all the colors and thought it was stupid back when Halo 3 was released though. hypocrisy anyone :rolleyes:

Demons Souls exists.

And you think Gears is nothing but grey? Gears 2 had tons of color compared to the earlier and, personally, I preferred the duller aspect of the game. And I usually hate dull color palettes.

image1-gow2.jpg

Second, graphics are also in motion. A good example is Mass Effect. Mass Effect looks brilliant as the following screenshot demonstrates. But what most people don't know until they PLAY the game is that tons of animations are rehashed and texture/model popping is frequent. In terms of Gears of War, the gameplay and content doesn't suffer from how good it looks. Putting twenty or thirty enemies on screen at a time with no performance drops. Graphics are more than their screenshots.

mass_effect_2_screenshot_08.jpg

I've never complained about the high presence of color in games. Never ever. I'm one of the people who actually thinks Diablo III looks NICE with the extra color it has, where everyone else complained and wanted it desaturated and boring. I hate the drab boringness of everything being grey.

I played both U2 and GOW2 recently and i still prefer U2 when it comes to looks. I don't know, maybe it's the style (

), but i think it looks better than GOW2 and a lot of games out there.

I haven't played ME2 yet (still need to finish ME1 first!), CoD or Bad Company so i can't comment on them.

I dont think you could be any more condescending if you tried.

I dont think you could be any more condescending if you tried.

oh I could. but I only repeated what you and the PS3 gang said yourself in this topic. so I guess you felt it suited you.

I've not seen/played ME2 so can't comment but from the screenshots I saw it does indeed look good. I have to say that i'm with the majority on the GoW needs some colour, the graphics are sharp but the palette does nothing for me. U2 was a graphically great game, but not only that it had a good story to go along with it and a good script too. Picking on the train sequence is a bit harsh given that the whole point of that level is the fact it is constantly moving, see it in motion before writing it off on a screenshot. It's actually a stand out moment in the game for me.

I've not seen/played ME2 so can't comment but from the screenshots I saw it does indeed look good. I have to say that i'm with the majority on the GoW needs some colour, the graphics are sharp but the palette does nothing for me. U2 was a graphically great game, but not only that it had a good story to go along with it and a good script too. Picking on the train sequence is a bit harsh given that the whole point of that level is the fact it is constantly moving, see it in motion before writing it off on a screenshot. It's actually a stand out moment in the game for me.

Funny, but Gears1 managed the train sequence without detail/quality loss, and Gears2 managed the whole walker sequence the same, and on top of that with hundreds of monsters on screen.

But I guess over vibrant colors require more power :p

I know. I was just stating that none of the Battlefield games on consoles had large maps. I'd say it's DICE's fault. They made an awesome engine but a demanding one at that. In order to get reasonable performance, the maps in Bad Company and Bad Company 2 had to be smaller and more linear than the maps in Battlefield 2. Another reason as to why the maps are smaller is the number of players supported by consoles which is 24 (vs. 32 for the PC).

Post apocalyptic Uncharted games most likely wouldn't have the pretty Kameo colors :)

uncharted-2-image-032.jpg

uncharted-2-image-032aa.jpg

It's mildly amusing to see the top 2 titles (graphically speaking) battle it out, but by and large it's pretty clear only a couple devs can get the most from the PS3, so Sucker Punch can thump their chest all they want (at least until they deliver a finished game we can all judge), but overall the 360 seems to have a pretty clear grpahical edge on all but a handful of PS3 exclusives. I seem to recall that Flower could not be done on any other console, lol to that one. And Killzone 2, equally lol. I'm sure if given time to learn the dev kit both Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog could deliver the exact same quality on the 360, but to somehow claim the 360 lacks horsepower just comes off as lame.