mac photoshop view for windows

Question

Hi there,

Is there anyway to get the way photoshop looks in mac the way in windows.

I seem to prefer it that way like:

900-mac.png

Instead of:

aps_windows.png

I like the more openness of the mac way.

Just wondering how you can get it like that, I mean you can take the toolbars out, and such, and then also bring the new file out, but how do you like make the top menu's by themselves. Otherwise, theres a big dark grey box.

Thanks!

16 answers to this question

You are an exotic. Most people which using Gimp don't like the openness in Windows and Linux. Gimp is like Photoshop in Mac OS.

2hzqr8l.jpg(picture found in google)

I think there is no way to make it possible in windows with Photoshop.

Yeah, don't think you can get it exactly like that, at best you can drag all the windows outside and size down the main photoshop window. You still get left with an ugly box at the top and it's obviously not made to be used this way... but it does work.

post-237495-12866514832883.jpg

It is not possible but you can use WindowsBlinds or any skinning software to look like Mac Theme... Note: it may not look like excatly like on Mac. Just close enough.

The Mac based themes are available for Windows which they are located at Deviantart website

^ That's not what he was asking.

He wants to know if you can get rid of the 'container' window that the Windows version of Photoshop has.

Long story short though, you can't.

^ That's not what he was asking.

He wants to know if you can get rid of the 'container' window that the Windows version of Photoshop has.

Long story short though, you can't.

I know what he meant but I said it is not possible... but he can get the theme to look like Mac for the windows borders, buttons, and checkboxes.. you know?

Is there a way to do the opposite? My friend who's in graphics design class is used to the windows layout and hates how you can see the desktop on the Mac while using it (as do I).

Is there a way to do the opposite? My friend who's in graphics design class is used to the windows layout and hates how you can see the desktop on the Mac while using it (as do I).

I'm the same. I use both but prefer the windows one, seeing the desktop is often distracting from the image you are trying to focus on in the mac.

^I believe there's an option for it. I found it last week while finding some other option, lol. I hate the openness in Adobe apps on a Mac as well. Totally forgot about this option to be honest, as work was piling up, haha. I shall try to find the option next week when I'm behind my Mac at work :)

Well, it doesn't help your XP screenshot is in a massively low resolution and makes the program look way more cramped than your mac shot does. Who uses a computer in 800x600 resolution anymore anyways? -_-

Anyways, I'm more bothered by the fact that photoshop replaces the conventional aero border and buttons with a flat grey style, whereas the mac version continues looking like macosx windows normally do. I wish there was a way to revert this in CS4 and later.

It's not a screenshot of my computer. Just a picture off google images, as it was quicker instead of screenshotting my own.

But, glad to have that cleared up, I'll just carry on using photoshop on how it normally is :p

~JSingh