Anderson Silva's record-breaking run in the UFC has earned him an immediate rematch should Chris Weidman take his middleweight title on Saturday at UFC 162.

"I'd do the rematch the next fight," UFC President Dana White on Monday told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "Guy hasn't lost in the UFC ever, has beat everybody. He loses that fight, he's the guy for a rematch if he wants it."

Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC), who remains undefeated after 16 appearances in the octagon, remains a 2-to-1 favorite to beat the undefeated Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC), who has one less fight on his resume than the champ does title defenses. Should "The Spider" continue to reign and defend his belt for the 11th time, White said a superfight could be next.

That would mean Silva would face light heavyweight champ Jon Jones or welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre. White said the Brazilian champ hasn't cooled on a meeting with St-Pierre, as he indicted during a conference call this past week in support of Saturday's pay-per-view event at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/07/anderson-silva-gets-rematch-with-ufc-162-loss-with-win-superfight-on-table

I think it really depends on the outcome of the fight. If Weidman somehow blows him out, I would like to see him move up to LHW to fight Bones.

Honestly, this match is a waste of time. Not knocking Weidmans talent and the fact hes won his fair share of fights (watched them all, can only remember the Munoz fight - cant remember seeing anything impressive or different about Weidman that Silva hasnt dealt with before), but he's not in Silva's league, by a long shot. **** easy win for Silva.

I am looking forward to tonight, are we due an upset?...probably not

Nobody thought Sonnen would even make it past the 1st round in their first battle.

Still, not going to happen. It's still an amazing card overall.

Also, the weight-in...

5036b937-1644-49da-bc34-2b7fcdbab12d.jpg

AndersonWeidmanWeighIn.gif

Hilarious :rofl:

JESUS CHRIST, WHAT A RUSH. I woke up the whole neighborhood screaming like I got a N64 (the card was airing at around 4 AM). THAT WAS INCREDIBLE. Anderson got too cocky with the range and ate it. He was even out with the first punch. Last time I felt such a disturbance in the force was when Fedor tapped to Werdum. Weidman did it, he put Silva away. Not on a 5 round decision, not with a tricky sub, with his fist! GODDAMN AMAZING!

• Like 2

My day has been ruined, im still in utter disbelief.

Come on, it's amazing news for the MW division. And I hope Weidman gets a really fat check from it.

What's that about?

UFC.tv feed has multiple camera angles available on demand. That's the corner cam right after the KO, Weidman venting a bit.

Anderson Silva earned $600,000 at UFC 162. The new champ, Chris Weidman, earned $48,000.

Take note that that's disclosed pay. Weidman probably got a big fat bonus check and some PPV points when the numbers come in. (Or not, if his agent isn't very competent).

Don't forget there is an Invicta FC event this weekend! Cyborg vs Coenen 2.

UFC 168 keeps Ronda Rousey vs. Meisha Tate, Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva II to be determined

Now the question is, what will be the main event for the 20th Anniversary show? Are they going to swing for a Bones vs Silva superfight on short notice?

The Invicta FC 6 card is all over the goddamn place, with people missing weight badly and one of the most interesting prospects (at least for me), Veronica Rothlenhouser, fainting during her weight cut and that fight getting canceled.

The final card ended up as

Marloes Coenen vs Cris Cyborg [Featherweight Title Fight]
Claudia Gadelha vs Ayaka Hamasaki
Sarah D'Alelio vs Lauren Taylor
Leslie Smith vs Jennifer Maia
Jessica Penne vs Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc
Joanne Calderwood vs Norma Rueda Center
Bec Hyatt vs Mizuki Inoue
Miriam Nakamoto vs Duda Yankovich
Rose Namajunas vs Tecia Torres
Ediane Gomes vs Tamika Brents
Ashley Cummins vs Emily Kagan
Kathina Catron vs Livia Von Plettenberg

With Kathina Catron coming in on about an hour notice :|

At least the main event is still on.

Also, Mauro should be taken around the building and shot in the head. Crazy bad announcing.