So UFC 139 is out as Dan Henderson vs. Shogun Rua. Also starting in January, the Facebook bouts end and every one of them will be televised by FOX. Yay!

So Overeem left Golden Glory as a gym and management. I guess the UFC money changes things around and he doesn't want to support them by himself.

GSP brought in Dan Hardy to train for Carlos Condit... I'll let that sink in. The guy that GSP fought to a UD and that Condit KTFO in the 1st round. Maybe it's to work on GSP's wrestling. I don't know.

I hope Condit wins. He knocks people out or submits him. GSP is a great fighter but he's playing it too safe. Look at Jones vs Rampage. Jones played it safe and still submited Rampage. GSP couldn't finish Jake Shields and Ellenberguer does it in less than a minute. I refuse to believe Ellenberguer is superior to GSP. Come on, knock Condit out or something.

Siyar Bahadurzada signed with the UFC and he's coming in at WW. Goody? He hasn't beaten anyone of notice while fighting at WW but it's some new blood in the division... and will probably be spilled quite soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Carwin is out of his fight at UFC 141. More back surgery. He's 36 and had surgery two times already for his back. I think he should just retire but his pride may be getting the better of him by not wanting to go out on 2 devastating losses.

• 3 weeks later...

Anthony Johnson finally decided to move up to MW and will fight Vitor Belfort also at UFC 142. He's still huge, even for MW.

Yoshihiro Akiyama makes his WW debut against Jake Shields at UFC 144 in Japan. Also on the card, Yushin Okami vs Tim Boetsch. If Akiyama loses (he will), he might as well just stay there in Japan because he'll be cut (unless Lorenzo likes him Dan Hardy style). Shields is probably on thin ice as well since he's pretty much also a dud in the UFC roster.

And Fedor won a luke-warm UD against Jeff Monson in Moscow. Next in line is Satoshi Ishii on New Year's Eve card in Japan. Fedor, 33?4 and one of the best HW fighters ever, against Satoshi Ishii, a Olympic judoca who's 4-1-1 who just recently debuted at LHW and got a win against a washed up Paulo Filho. Wonder how that will go... probably like Overeem vs Duffee.

Surprise no mention of the Alvarez v Chandler fight. That loss equates to a big shift in the pound for pound rankings.

They always seem to exagerate. Like Sherdog who dropped Alvarez from the #6 at LW and moved in Chandler as #10. It's a clear overreaction to a very good fight. Alvarez is still pretty much a Top 10 LW and he's the only notch in the belt of Chandler. Why should Chandler occupy the 10th position ahead of Alvarez who's fought and won many other guys or even ahead of Melvin Guillard or Joe Lauzon who have faced much tougher competition than him. As for the Top 10 P4P, Chandler isn't even remotely close to cracking it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HziG9DBfJf0&hd=1

The full fight is available on Bellator's YT channel. Go watch it. Now!

They always seem to exagerate. Like Sherdog who dropped Alvarez from the #6 at LW and moved in Chandler as #10. It's a clear overreaction to a very good fight. Alvarez is still pretty much a Top 10 LW and he's the only notch in the belt of Chandler. Why should Chandler occupy the 10th position ahead of Alvarez who's fought and won many other guys or even ahead of Melvin Guillard or Joe Lauzon who have faced much tougher competition than him. As for the Top 10 P4P, Chandler isn't even remotely close to cracking it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HziG9DBfJf0&hd=1

The full fight is available on Bellator's YT channel. Go watch it. Now!

True, P4P rankings are pretty obscure pending whom is listing them and on what decision. Still huge though considering Alvarez's status. I'm not sold on Chandler yet, I still believe Alvarez beats him 4 out of 5 times.

P4P would make sense if it wasn't an ordinal list. Make a Top 10 MMA fighters regardless of weightclass and that's that. No arguing about wether Aldo is #3 or #4 behind or in front of Fitch or GSP. 7 places are pretty much taken by every UFC champion, leaving 3 spots opens for Fitch, Melendez and Evans for example. I don't understand why people insist on ranking Shogun over Evans, with Evans being much more consistent than Rua and only having 1 loss on his record.

Chris Leben Tests Positive for Pair of Painkillers in Post UFC 138 Drug Tests, Suspended for a Year by UFC

Dana is being mighty kind towards Leben. 2nd time he's ****ed hot and has had a couple of DUI busts. I hope he can get his life back on track even if it means leaving the UFC.

So... Keith Jardine is getting a title shot at 185 against Luke Rockhold. This makes no sense whatsoever. He hasn't fought at 185 in ages, lost 6 of his last 8 fights and has no business fighting for a title. All of this because Tim Kennedy is unavailable. If the losing streak doesn't matter (which it clearly doesn't), just give the shot to Robbie Lawler or a rematch with Jacar?. Goddamn.

The following fighters have had their profiles removed from UFC.com in recent days, likely indicating that they've been released by the promotion:

-Eliot Marshall

-Jason Brilz

-Danny Downes

-Shamar Bailey

-Clay Harvison

-Edward Faaloloto

-Matt Lucas

-Paul Bradley

Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/2/2605489/the-following-fighters-have-had-their-profiles-removed-from-ufc-com

Miguel Torres was cut from the UFC for the rape joke he put on Twitter... Goddamn, talk about being made an example out of. :s

Flyweight division is here! 4 man tournament for the title. Ian McCall fights Demetrious Johnson and Joseph Benavidez fights Yasuhiro Urushitani. Pretty sure the final is going to be Mighty Mouse vs Benavidez.