Anibal P

So Henderson will come in a beast and Fedor will come in fat? That's going to go well.

You'd think that they would give Fedor someone easier to beat and break the loosing streak. That or they are trying to pump up Henderson for some bizarre reason by beating Fedor

D. S.

You'd think that they would give Fedor someone easier to beat and break the loosing streak. That or they are trying to pump up Henderson for some bizarre reason by beating Fedor

For credibility reasons of all things they can't just cancel the ridiculous HW tournament and do Overeem vs Fedor like everyone wanted. Dan Henderson is getting paid a fortune by Strikeforce so they must put him to use so they can claim they didn't waste money. Fedor only has 1 more fight in his contract I think and with Dana White taking over the reigns of the renegociations, things aren't going to end well for M-1 so they might as well make bank. Rumor has it that Fedor is getting 1.5 million for this fight. Henderson is just going to style all over him. Just compare a picture of JDS weighting in at 225 and Fedor at 225 when fighting Bigfoot. He's chubby as all hell. Henderson on the other hand, should be fine. He doesn't even need to cut weight.

Damo R.

lawl at Tito Ortiz

D. S.

Miesha Tate vs Marloes Coenen is going down at Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson. Dat ass!

Also I don't know if I can post it here but there's an interesting pic that Brian Caraway posted of Miesha Tate (he's her boyfriend and also fights out of Team Alpha Male) on his Twitter. I think DAMN! describes it pretty well. Google should do the trick.

Damo R.

Miesha Tate vs Marloes Coenen is going down at Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson. Dat ass!

Also I don't know if I can post it here but there's an interesting pic that Brian Caraway posted of Miesha Tate (he's her boyfriend and also fights out of Team Alpha Male) on his Twitter. I think DAMN! describes it pretty well. Google should do the trick.

you can link to the twitter post or twitpic but just make sure if its nsfw mark it as :p

Colin.B

Speaking of female fighters....When will Cyborg see a real challenge? I guess she could fight Frankie Edgar in a UFC/SF cross promotion fight? :p Maybe take on GSP? Really though, she has no equal.

As for B-League MMA, I'm pretty thrilled to see Patricio Freire take on Joe Warren. That should be an interesting fight. If Freire wins, I'd not be surprised if he ends up getting signed by the UFC or Strikeforce at some point in the next year or so...Well, SF so long as they don't get folded into the UFC in the next year after the Zuffa purchase ;).

D. S.

Speaking of female fighters....When will Cyborg see a real challenge? I guess she could fight Frankie Edgar in a UFC/SF cross promotion fight? :p Maybe take on GSP? Really though, she has no equal.

As for B-League MMA, I'm pretty thrilled to see Patricio Freire take on Joe Warren. That should be an interesting fight. If Freire wins, I'd not be surprised if he ends up getting signed by the UFC or Strikeforce at some point in the next year or so...Well, SF so long as they don't get folded into the UFC in the next year after the Zuffa purchase ;).

Both Warren and Freire (Patricio, not the other weirdly named ones) should be signed to the UFC to spice up the FW division that is dwindling in competitive matchups pretty quickly with everyone and their mother dropping down to FW to escape the LW shark tank.

As for Cyborg, there is no real competition for her in woman's MMA. She's a beast at 145 and she probably cuts down from 160 something to that. If she fought at 135lb should could probably find more opponents but I doubt she can make weight. Gina is coming back to MMA but she's lightyears away from being able to credibly challenge Cyborg. That's the problem with being overly dominant in a shallow division. You run out of opponents pretty quickly.

D. S.

Looks like she's crushing people at the BJJ Mundials. I'm sure they weight the same but they're nowhere in the same league in terms of pure strength.

D. S.

that's a shame but I feel her MMA career is done

RIP 15.08.2009 :rofl:

Damo R.

RIP 15.08.2009 :rofl:

haha

216474172.jpg

D. S.

Oh now SI is telling that she was cleared to fight but chose to withdraw link here.

Anyone want to bet against me that the reason was "I can't make weight unless I cut off a leg" ?

D. S.

Dana White has been busy. From now on, all UFC main events will be five rounds. Woohoo? Who wants to see Fitch grind on some guy for five rounds?

D. S.

Rampage vs Jones in talks (and pretty much confirmed) for UFC 135.

Wow... just, wow.

D. S.

Well, saw the Overeem vs Werdum event. It wasn't bad... but very far froom good. I'm kidding. It was crap. The fights were crap and the main event... Cecil Peoples was one of the judges. Surprise?

Josh Barnett raped Rogers as expected. He's nowhere near Top 20 talent, no matter how you paint it. Valentijn Overeem tapped to strikes and is a big sissy. Daniel Cormier continues to show improvement and I hope he gets transfered to the UFC soon.

As for the main event, it looked like Maia vs Silva again with Werdum trying to get Overeem in his guard over and over with lame takedowns and pull downs. But he did light him up a couple of times and, AFAIC, won the fight. 2 30-27 scores? Really?

Anibal P

Well, saw the Overeem vs Werdum event. It wasn't bad... but very far froom good. I'm kidding. It was crap. The fights were crap and the main event... Cecil Peoples was one of the judges. Surprise?

Josh Barnett raped Rogers as expected. He's nowhere near Top 20 talent, no matter how you paint it. Valentijn Overeem tapped to strikes and is a big sissy. Daniel Cormier continues to show improvement and I hope he gets transfered to the UFC soon.

As for the main event, it looked like Maia vs Silva again with Werdum trying to get Overeem in his guard over and over with lame takedowns and pull downs. But he did light him up a couple of times and, AFAIC, won the fight. 2 30-27 scores? Really?

The judge had to be drunk and dyslexic to score any win for Werdum, sorry Overeem won that fight no question at all, hell Werdum was gassed halfway through the first round! Yes he did get some good shots in, but no where close to winning that fight. Overeem played Werdum for a fool the whole fight

D. S.

The judge had to be drunk and dyslexic to score any win for Werdum, sorry Overeem won that fight no question at all, hell Werdum was gassed halfway through the first round! Yes he did get some good shots in, but no where close to winning that fight. Overeem played Werdum for a fool the whole fight

Maybe not a win but 30-27? Werdum was the agressor in the first round, even considering all the flopping around. One could argue here for ages but what's the use, it was a very bad "fight" by any criteria possible. Dana should just swoop in there and give Strikeforce the mercy killing it deserves.

D. S.

So... someone booked a Ken Shamrock vs James Toney fight. Wikipedia says it's UFC 135 but that's totall BS. It's probably Titan FC, current home of the best freakshow fights.

Damo R.

So... someone booked a Ken Shamrock vs James Toney fight. Wikipedia says it's UFC 135 but that's totall BS. It's probably Titan FC, current home of the best freakshow fights.

yeah its not UFC

Toney's trainer Trever Sherman confirmed the matchup to MMA Fighting.

BJPenn.com first reported the matchup, attaching it to a September 23 date in El Paso, Texas. Sherman, though, said to his knowledge, neither a date or location has been finalized. He said that Toney, Shamrock, their management teams and event promoters would meet this Saturday night to further discuss particulars.

"The earliest date as I know it would be late September, and the latest would be late October," said Sherman, who added that Texas, California and Nevada were the three potential sites discussed, with Texas as the most likely destination.

Also undecided is whether the match will take place under an established promotion, or as a stand-alone event of fights offered on pay-per-view. Sherman further mentioned that a reality series could be attached to the bout.

D. S.

Since the fight was announced in Texas, Shark Fights comes to mind.

Damo R.

Since the fight was announced in Texas, Shark Fights comes to mind.

it's still going to be **** :p

D. S.

Don't be like that. Did you see the Mariusz Pudzianowski vs James Thompson fight? For a freakshow, it ended up being quite interesting. I love the moment when Thompson is clearly out but since he doesn't fall down, Pudz wakes him up with another punch.

Damo R.

Don't be like that. Did you see the Mariusz Pudzianowski vs James Thompson fight? For a freakshow, it ended up being quite interesting. I love the moment when Thompson is clearly out but since he doesn't fall down, Pudz wakes him up with another punch.

I am just remembering the James Toney fight against Randy and how bad it was