Klipsch Synergy B-2 Bookshelf Speaker

Has anyone ever used Klipsch Synergy B-2 Bookshelf Speaker's before? NewEgg link

I plan on using these in a 2.1 setup. I have a sony sub which works perfect at the moment.

I've heard only good reivews are Klipsch's in general. Any thoughts?

I've always liked them. A sub would definitely be necessary as I find any of Klipsch's speakers and their horn technology to be a bit weighted towards the highs (in terms of frequencies), but that also ends an incredible crispness to the sound. As for the B2's themselves, they are better sounding than most other bookshelves I've heard for the same price or less. I have nothing bad to say about them, at all.

That is what I'm looking for. Very nice crisp highs with decent mids. The sub can take care of the rest.

I rather have a nice 2.1 setup than a Frankenstein 5.1 setup. :p

Those are pretty decent speakers for the price. The one thing that is common to all Klipsch speakers I've ever used is that they are very efficient meaning they can go loud with little power, something about those horns. They played louder than a speaker set that I was comparing them with but they were not quite as clean at higher volumes and tended to break up a bit and sound strained. Other than that they are recommended.

Not to add to the indecision but I'd get the Polk 40's at that price point or save up a litte more for the Klipsch RB-41s. The Synergy series has always lacked some warmth imo.

Not to add to the indecision but I'd get the Polk 40's at that price point or save up a litte more for the Klipsch RB-41s. The Synergy series has always lacked some warmth imo.

Yeah, but you can compensate for that with a sub. I, personally, prefer the crispness of a slightly colder sound as opposed to the muddiness that comes in a lot of warmer sounding bookshelves in that price range.

• 2 weeks later...