Midnight set to default on the forums (for guests)

The default theme for Neowin Forums is now set to Midnight for guest viewers, the theme is easier on the eye and more appealing than then brighter blue/white Atlas version.

Guests can still choose other colors at the top right of the forum next to search:

post-2-12869636994422.png

Some members may have been moved onto Midnight if they have never selected a theme before. If you prefer Blue, you can select it as shown above.

I also removed a few nag screens for guests.

I always forget that there are other themes available for Neowin. I've been using the default blue since I started coming here. After trying midnight to see how guests would see the site/forum, I tried out the others and have settled on darkside for now. Quite liking it. (Y)

Yes the midnight theme is a lot more easier on the eye and looks more sleeker. I have been using midnight blue for a while now.

Excellent choice. Midnight works great as default (and has been my theme choice ever since Atlas was rolled out).

Never knew that you change the theme..!

I remember when I logged into a Total War forum to find that its default is a garish Barbie Pink...

totalwarcenterforumspow.png

...it took me ages to figure out how to change that.!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?styleid=32

Well.. you can have Neowin in pink if you want to as well:

Screen+shot+2010-10-13+at+15.27.17.png

If I was a girl, I'd definitely use those pink and purple colors. They stand out and look really sweet. But there girl colors so I'm not going to be using those anytime soon.

I wish you could theme the mobile website. Mobile devices deserve some credit, we use them all the time and deserve some customization like our desktops/laptops.

I never tried any theme before other than the default Blue, but now that I've been able to give Midnight a fair chance I won't be going back.

It really is sleek compared to the default blue. cool.gif

Midnight ftw.

Just noticed the bug is still there though, kicks you out of the thread you are in and dumps you back at the index.

Speaking of girls and eye-catching skins, will Neowin get to wear a meat jacket anytime soon?

</trololo>

I still like the Atlas one better, but it's just my opinion. Now you should move Midnight to the top of the drop down.

If I was a girl, I'd definitely use those pink and purple colors. They stand out and look really sweet. But there girl colors so I'm not going to be using those anytime soon.

I wish you could theme the mobile website. Mobile devices deserve some credit, we use them all the time and deserve some customization like our desktops/laptops.

Ha. Colours weren't created specifically for certain genders :s