Apple Media Event, October 20th

Well Windows 7 has already out-sold OS X...

Because there's only one company selling Mac OS X. Again, I fail to see your point here.

So Windows 8 what ever they change will be great.

Most misinformed post I read in a while.

Show me another self-described laptop with a processor that slow and that little amount of RAM. Then show me the price of said laptop.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=notebook+64gb+ssd+sony&wrapid=tlif12875995907181&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=6272572469482254224&ei=Aja_TOXjFcH38Ab4r4m8Bg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCwQ8wIwAA#

Sony notebook with a 2Ghz Atom (certainly slower than a 1.4Ghz C2D) and the same size screen and SSD, which also has much poorer battery life. And it costs more.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=notebook+64gb+ssd+sony&wrapid=tlif12875995907181&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=6272572469482254224&ei=Aja_TOXjFcH38Ab4r4m8Bg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCwQ8wIwAA#

Sony notebook with a 2Ghz Atom (certainly slower than a 1.4Ghz C2D) and the same size screen and SSD, which also has much poorer battery life. And it costs more.

You realize that notebook has sold like utter ****, right? That just proves my point.

I'm glad you were able to find one laptop that attempts to disprove my point, though :laugh: Kudos.

Dell mini's resolution is way too small, it makes it impossible to do most tasks

for browsing the internet and doing light office/home work it's fine. playing flash/pop cap games and watching video's, it's fine.

Air = Meh, i would rather have a more powerful cheaper slightly heavier Mac. I don't mind carrying round a tiny bit of extra weight.

Facetime for mac = Meh, Good idea but useless for me, Never liked the idea of facetime for iPhone 4.

App store for mac = Would rather eat my own testicles than have to use the app store on MY computer.

Lion = Well... 2011 release date so we will wait and seen on this one.

That is all.

Yet you use Steam? Ironic. :rolleyes:

@ .Neo, Of course they've been updated, they just chose to spotlight iMovie, iPhoto and GB.

And yeah the price is high for the MBA, but then you don't get netbooks with C2D's in them with 30 days of standby either.

You realize that notebook has sold like utter ****, right? That just proves my point.

I have no idea how well it has sold. And unless you happen to have some sales figures for it, neither do you.

I'm glad you were able to find one laptop that attempts to disprove my point, though :laugh: Kudos.

That was the first one I found with a quick google search for 11" notebooks with 64GB SSD drives. I'm sure some other companies make similar ones for similar prices. From what I've seen, the Dell Adamos are roughly in the same price range as well.

2GB of RAM....some nerve they've got to even announce that.

Joke post?

If it isn't take the chill pill, and realize that an ultraportable computer doesn't need more than that right now.

A core i3 would have been nice, though.

I have no idea how well it has sold. And unless you happen to have some sales figures for it, neither do you.

That was the first one I found with a quick google search for 11" notebooks with 64GB SSD drives. I'm sure some other companies make similar ones for similar prices. From what I've seen, the Dell Adamos are roughly in the same price range as well.

It has never been in the top 10 of notebook sales, so I do know its sales have been ****. You're arguing for the sake of arguing.

The Dell Adamos are old and haven't been updated in quite a while, and they are still faster and cost about the same last time I checked (and I believe have more space for the respective prices, but someone can check that).

@ .Neo, Of course they've been updated, they just chose to spotlight iMovie, iPhoto and GB.

And yeah the price is high for the MBA, but then you don't get netbooks with C2D's in them with 30 days of standby either.

That's the biggest selling point it has going for it. Plus the prices aren't all that bad. Could be $100 cheaper or so but it's not too expensive. People could use this as a traveling laptop!

Acer Timeline

11.6 LED 1366x768

i3 330M

4gb ram

FOUR usb ports

8 hour battery life

2.8 pounds

$500 (CANADIAN)

buy a 128gb ssd and install it, still cheaper than the lowest macbook air.

And before you say it's a POS Acer. Do some research and look at the machine in person first. They've vastly improved in quality, especially for their Timeline series.

At that price, who in their right mind would buy it? Certainly not me.

Another example: http://www.futurepow...057E1U&REFID=FR

Just like the iPad, these new Macbooks don't really have competitors. They are thinner than anything else out there, have better battery life, it has a multi touch trackpad .

GET OVER IT, if a PC manufacturer made a 0.68 thin aluminum unibody notebook with a great trackpad with excellent battery life, a Nvidia graphics chip (not those Intel HD crap ones) and a Core 2 Duo (not an Atom), how much do you think they would price it? $700? $800? Give me a break. Sony would price it at $2,000 and give you a **** ton of crapware to boot.

Acer Timeline

11.6 LED 1366x768

i3 330M

4gb ram

FOUR usb ports

8 hour battery life

2.8 pounds

$500 (CANADIAN)

buy a 128gb ssd and install it, still cheaper than the lowest macbook air.

And before you say it's a POS Acer. Do some research and look at the machine in person first. They've vastly improved in quality, especially for their Timeline series.

Also...

http://reviews.cnet....7-34121943.html

http://reviews.cnet....7-34144119.html

Hell, I would even throw the actual Macbook and Macbook Pro in there. They're far more reasonably priced for what you get, and neither is all that thicker than the Air.

Just like the iPad, these new Macbooks don't really have competitors. They are thinner than anything else out there, have better battery life, it has a multi touch trackpad.

GET OVER IT, if a PC manufacturer made a 0.68 thin aluminum unibody notebook with a great trackpad with excellent battery life, a Nvidia graphics chip (not those Intel HD crap ones) and a Core 2 Duo (not an Atom), how much do you think they would price it? $700? $800? Give me a break. Sony would price it at $2,000 and give you a **** ton of crapware to boot.

Post with class or don't post.

Another example: http://www.futurepowerpc.com/scripts/product.asp?PRDCODE=1249-4057E1U&REFID=FR

Just like the iPad, these new Macbooks don't really have competitors. They are thinner than anything else out there, have better battery life, it has a multi touch trackpad the size of your mom's **** (ok now that was pretty low, sorry :blush: ), etc.

Why are you looking at random sites for that Lenovo? At least go to their own site. The X300/X301 doesn't even exist anymore.

Just like the iPad, these new Macbooks don't really have competitors. They are thinner than anything else out there, have better battery life, it has a multi touch trackpad the size of your mom's **** (ok now that was pretty low, sorry :blush: ), etc.

Come on, stop bringing reason in to this argument... tongue.gif

It has never been in the top 10 of notebook sales, so I do know its sales have been ****. You're arguing for the sake of arguing.

So, just because it hasn't sold in the top 10 out of thousands of different notebooks available, that is suppose to mean its sales have been ****??

The Dell Adamos are old and haven't been updated in quite a while, and they are still faster and cost about the same last time I checked (and I believe have more space for the respective prices, but someone can check that).

The Adamo models I've seen had slower processors (1.2Ghz C2D) and still cost more than the Air for the same size drive and RAM. They do, however, offer a 4GB RAM option, which is a point in their favor.

So, just because it hasn't sold in the top 10 out of thousands of different notebooks available, that is suppose to mean its sales have been ****??

The Adamo models I've seen had slower processors (1.2Ghz C2D) and still cost more than the Air for the same size drive and RAM. They do, however, offer a 4GB RAM option, which is a point in their favor.

Because it has never, in its entire existence, been in the top 10 of monthly notebook sales, yes. Tell me: do you honestly believe its sales have been good, or are you simply arguing for the sake of arguing, as I stated before? I'm sorry I'm not going to go digging for official sales.

I believe you are looking at extremely old Adamo models, too. I haven't seen a new Adamo with a slower processor than 1.4GHz, which is the same as the Air, and I believe costs the same with more storage and more RAM.

All the prices in UK with student discount applied:

Screen%20shot%202010-10-20%20at%2019.59.30.png

Given the exchange rates, seems you all are paying a fair amount more. Ouch.

Even the Macbook Air (well at leas the 13-inch) can be upgraded to 4GB of RAM!

Because it has never, in its entire existence, been in the top 10 of monthly notebook sales, yes. Tell me: do you honestly believe its sales have been good, or are you simply arguing for the sake of arguing, as I stated before? I'm sorry I'm not going to go digging for official sales.

I believe you are looking at extremely old Adamo models, too. I haven't seen a new Adamo with a slower processor than 1.4GHz, which is the same as the Air, and I believe costs the same with more storage and more RAM.

Because a majority of sales are from big box stores, setting a net book at that price, next to ones in the $200-$300, yea it's not going to sell.

Heck this thing even setting next to it's cousin the Macbook might notndo so well as they start around same price with i think the MB having better stats. It's main selling point is it's size, which not everybody needs, and with the same price as a full blown laptop, and no stats to match, i just don't get it.