How Big Is Africa

I bet if you really tried you could squeeze some more in there somewhere

However I stand corrected in that I knew it was big and having been there revised my estimate of how big, and now stand even more corrected.

I wonder how it would look if you tried to fit Canada or Russia into Africa. That'd be more mind-blowing for me.

On a more serious note, how is this news?

It's obviously news to some people:

Holy crap! I honestly never realised it was so big!

Holy hell, I had no idea!!

Holy hell, I always thought it was big but that's freaking HUGEEE!!!! Me taking 19hrs to drive from CT to FL it would take about 50hrs (on highway) going from top of Africa to the bottom. On the roads they have, it'll probably take a week or more!

I wonder how it would look if you tried to fit Canada or Russia into Africa. That'd be more mind-blowing for me.

Canada=9,984,670 km2(Huge) Russia=17,075,400 km2(Freakin Huge!)

Canada+Russia=27,060,070 km2 VS Africa 30,221,532 km2

It would be awkward trying to fit Russia in there though, it's stretches a huge distance from east to west.

You do realize that Africa is a continent, if you're comparing continents then Asia would be the biggest one. Africa is not a country; I don't know why the site is comparing 1 continent vs. individual countries.

CONTINENTS (by size)

#1 Asia - (44,579,000 sq. km)

#2 Africa - (30,065,000 sq. km)

#3 North America - (24,256,000 sq. km)

#4 South America - (17,819,000 sq. km)

#5 Antarctica - (13,209,000 sq. km)

#6 Europe - (9,938,000 sq. km)

#7 Australia/Oceania - (7,687,000 sq. km)

You do realize that Africa is a continent, if you're comparing continents then Asia would be the biggest one. Africa is not a country; I don't know why the site is comparing 1 continent vs. individual countries.

Did anyone claim Africa is a country?