Rollercoasters

Yes, my hobby is riding rollercoasters (Yes it's also expensive). What are your favourites? Post up videos of them and discuss them and such. I myself haven't been to any parks in the USA so I don't know what they're like over there, but I've heard great things.

My top favourites are like the ones below, where it goes up and does a drop, but launch coasters are fun as well, such as Rita (Alton Towers), Desert Race (Heide Park), and Blue Fire (Europa Park).

Here's my #1 favourite. Nemesis at Alton Towers, UK

And my #2 favourite. Silver Star at Europa Park, Germany

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to the Heidepark, too, and I enjoyed both their rollercoasters!!!

I love rollercoasters, yes they are expensive, but in some parks you get them for free with your day ticket.

The only thing that's driving me nuts are the long waiting lines!!! :angry:

Glassed Silver:mac

I've been to most of the theme parks in the US but I'm highly impatient and can't stand people which usually results in me leaving early. I really liked Bizarro and my favorite wooden coaster would have to be El Toro in NJ, when you go over that huge hill you lift out of your seat for a good 2 seconds, it's unbelievable.

MY favorite is El toro at Great adventure. ITs the closest park to me. Yes kingda ka is cool but just being the highest and the fastest doesnt do it for me (well its still the highest).

• 2 weeks later...

i would have to say millennium force and raptor at Cedar Point but, then I like all types of coasters really :shiftyninja:

I've been to most of the theme parks in the US but I'm highly impatient and can't stand people which usually results in me leaving early.

Heh, when we went to Europe touring the theme parks (end of Sept, beginning of Oct), there were virtually no queues, we did about 5 times on Silver Star and 8 or 9 on Goliath at Walibi World Netherlands.

My website is all about roller coasters!(link in my sig.)

@richardsim7: That picture looks fake for some reason, well the waterfall does at least. :rofl:

Heh, when we went to Europe touring the theme parks (end of Sept, beginning of Oct), there were virtually no queues, we did about 5 times on Silver Star and 8 or 9 on Goliath at Walibi World Netherlands.

Damn, you have no idea what I would do for no queues! I've been a few times to Nederlands but never been on coasters there :pinch:

I much prefer Air to Nemesis at Alton Towers

Colossus and Stealth at Thorpe Park (UK) are probably my favourite coasters at the moment though

My website is all about roller coasters!(link in my sig.)

@richardsim7: That picture looks fake for some reason, well the waterfall does at least. :rofl:

The waterfall at nemesis is a reddish/purple colour, meant to represent blood from the giant spiders meal (the spider being the theme of nemesis)

I can safely say that is a real photo

My favorite is Son of Beast in Kings Island, located in Mason Ohio. I have a season pass there for this coming year, but my favorite ride may never see the light of day again. (A little rough... enough to cause a great deal of concern for some people.)

Tallest, Fastest wooden coaster in the world. It, at one time, had a loop, as seen in the above video. Unfortunately, after the first accident, it was removed.

Yeah, it's long exposure so the water looks smokey :)

But how'd you get a long exposure on a moving coaster, with everything else remaining sharp? I'm just curious, not accusing you of faking the photo. :)

But how'd you get a long exposure on a moving coaster, with everything else remaining sharp? I'm just curious, not accusing you of faking the photo. :)

I might be wrong, but i'm guessing Nemesis broke down and he was on-ride and just lucky

Nemesis, Air and Rita at Alton Towers are pretty known for breaking down from time to time (and usually result in free tickets given out if you happen to me stuck on it)

• 1 month later...

In an update to this, just picked up my Merlin Pass and went to London Dungeons and the London Eye yesterday, was awesome.

Dropped by the Regents Street Apple Store while I was at it. :whistle:

The Maverick and the Millennium Force at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. I much prefer big drops and bunny hills over twists and turns.

post-110510-1289748238459.jpg post-110510-12897482285949.jpg

the maverick is filled w/ twists and turns :huh:

Cedar Point still has the best coasters (collectively) in the world :happy:

I might be wrong, but i'm guessing Nemesis broke down and he was on-ride and just lucky

Extremely unlikely, once the train on Nemesis leaves the lift hill, it's down to gravity for it to complete the track :p

Another vote for Air at Alton Towers here, however I do quite like Th13teen (Alton Towers again)...

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that Parc Ast?rix is getting a new coaster, first one in 11 years! And it's a B&M!

Roller Coaster: unknown

Amusement Park: Parc Ast?rix (Plailly, Picardie, France)

Classification: Roller Coaster

Type: Steel - Inverted

Make / Model: Bolliger & Mabillard / Inverted Coaster / Custom

Height: 114' 10"

So... You like Nemesis?

Imagine this then... Summer in South Africa, there's a theme park near Cape Town called Rotanga Junction. About the size of Thorpe Park, and it's lead coaster is the same model coaster as Nemesis.

And here's the thing. Midday, busy time of year, it was easy to park AT the main gate (not near, AT). Walk onto the ride, ride it, wanna go again? NO QUEUE. Like none. So we just stayed on!

Just sayin...