SMS from Internet server HOW TO?

Hey all,

I have a project and I need a server or something to send an sms to a given phone number whenever a certain event happens (the event should send a notification to the server with the number to which it should send the sms)

I have no idea about it...

. How can i send sms from the net that are "triggered" by a certain event on a software and not by a user entering the number ...

is there a software for this? is it free?

thank u in advance :-)

you sure and the hell don't need a dial up modem ;)

most sms can just be sent to an email address as well.

What carrier are you on? ATT, Verizon? T-mobile? A simple google is all you need

http://sms411.net/how-to-send-email-to-a-phone/

Most carriers have ?SMS gateways? which take email messages from the Internet and deliver them to their customers? cell phones as SMS text messages

Info might be a bit dated, you can always look up current address if changed.

But mine is tmoble and that info is correct, took a whole 5 seconds to get it from gmail ;)

So you can use anything that can send a email message to send a sms.. I like the old smtpsend command -- still use it quite often. You can download it from here

http://www.demk.co.at/download.htm

• 3 weeks later...

You can send SMS to a lot of providers by sending e-mail to certain addresses.

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net

Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com

Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com

Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com

Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

where phonenumber = your 10 digit phone number

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/939/sms_email_cingular_nextel_sprint_tmobile_verizon_virgin/

You can send SMS to a lot of providers by sending e-mail to certain addresses.

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net

Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com

Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com

Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com

Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

where phonenumber = your 10 digit phone number

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/939/sms_email_cingular_nextel_sprint_tmobile_verizon_virgin/

Yeah, that is the easiest way, provided that you know what network the recipient is on. If you don't know, then it gets more complicated.

Well since its a project where he wants to be notified of something happening, to a specific phone number -- I would have to its safe to assume he knows who the carrier is.. Since its a company employee getting notified something happened on the network, etc.

Well since its a project where he wants to be notified of something happening, to a specific phone number -- I would have to its safe to assume he knows who the carrier is.. Since its a company employee getting notified something happened on the network, etc.

Well, the way I read it is that the software is going to be sending the SMS messages to various different numbers:

the event should send a notification to the server with the number to which it should send the sms

If it was only sending to one specific number, there would be no need for the event to send the number to the server.

Send to server?

He clearly can not express what he wants ;) hehe

He wants an alert sent to a phone..

"I need a server or something to send an sms"

"to a given phone number"

"whenever a certain event happens" -- ie service fails, backup finishes, drive reaches 80% capacity sort of thing if you ask me.

What you have to love is how he is wondering where his answer its 20 minutes after posting.. Now has not been back in like 3 weeks ;)