NASA Mars mission a one-way trip

Get some homeless people to do this.

I agree or some inmates that would like to change the jail for a space adventure with training. If these people die, not one will care about it.

This isn't a good idea, in my opinion.

People might be up for it now, but what if some change their minds? They won't be allowed back... :/

Well, I'm pretty sure they will examine your mentality in every way first, if you got there and wanted back then i'm sure they wouldn't say no, that would be incredibly inhumane. That said. If myself and a few other people went mars i would claim myself to be ruler. :p

Well, I'm pretty sure they will examine your mentality in every way first, if you got there and wanted back then i'm sure they wouldn't say no, that would be incredibly inhumane. That said. If myself and a few other people went mars i would claim myself to be ruler. :p

Of course the wouldn't say no, they would say "hell no" :blush:

if you got there and wanted back then i'm sure they wouldn't say no

well if you have signed up for a one way trip then its a one way trip :p

well if you have signed up for a one way trip then its a one way trip :p

I wonder what kinda WiFi connection you can get up in that Mars place. I bet you can get some good fiber connections!

I wonder what kinda WiFi connection you can get up in that Mars place. I bet you can get some good fiber connections!

imagine getting technical help if there's something wrong :p

imagine getting technical help if there's something wrong :p

Well, they'd probably route the call through Olympus Mons (sp).

Bad idea, there are demons on Mars and a portal to Hell. Also bio-weaponary called a "Soul Cube".

Maybe so, but we can always get The Rock and the dood who was Bones in Star Trek to kick the demons buttocks.

That would be awesome! Imagine the signal needed to go through that ocean!

don't try ordering some equipment though...comes via planet express!

Good luck to those who actually do go, and four months is pretty quick, considering its been estimated it would take up to a year to travel to the red planet.

Well they are working on Ion drives and what not. Not sure how close they are to actually using any of the new technologies though. Needless to say, if anyone does go to Mars this century, next century it'll be a way quicker trip to say the least :D

Get some homeless people to do this.

If they don't have the initiative to get a job here, what makes you think they'll take the initiative to do anything constructive on Mars after they get there?

First off the ones complaining about why would we do such an endevor when we're in such a crappy financial state and all that. This is in another 20 YEARS (estimated). If you look at where we were 20 years ago from when our stock market crashed and all this happened we were in a completely different situation. So don't disown future exploration cause of what's happening now. Not only that this is only an idea not an actual plan.

As for bringing people back just think NASA controls the communication you have with the world. No matter how loud you scream no one will hear you.