• Left
    • N/A
  3. 3. Age group?

• 13-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+
    • I'm younger than 13! (Technically you're not allowed here).

An interesting topic of conversation came about on another forum I frequent yesterday, when I was generally talking in the "Random Chat" thread and mentioned the fact I'd put my watch in for repair and felt lost without it. Some users responded that they no longer wore a watch because they had their phones.

So, do you still wear a wristwatch? And if so, which wrist?

I do, and on the right wrist.

Personally, I find that having to get a phone out of your pocket, light up the screen and then put it away is far too much hassle over just glancing at your wrist.

(that is less precise :))

How do you know that? How do we know for certain that this is the correct time? shiftyninja.gif Plus you can get satellite calibrated watches now anyways.

Maybe the poll should have had an age question as well. The younger generation is less likely to wear wristwatches because they were born into a world with so much technology.

Updated the poll, you guys who have already voted might want to revote.

How do you know that? How do we know for certain that this is the correct time? shiftyninja.gif Plus you can get satellite calibrated watches now anyways.

I think I'll take my chances with international time servers over a watch ;)

Yep, is endlessly convenient IMO. I have a water proof one so don't ever need to worry about taking it off, meaning i have a stop watch, countdown timer, and clock pretty much where ever i go, when ever i need it.

My sense of time is worse than my sense of direction, so without it i doubt i'd ever be anywhere on time :p

I wear one as it's part of my usual attire. It looks really smart and people do comment on it a lot, so it's something that grabs attention.

Helps much.

I much prefer looking at my wrist to get the time rather than digging into a pocket, unlocking my phone and looking at the clock on there. :p It's much simpler for me.

In 1985 I purchased an expensive(for me) seiko silverwave, I wore it on my left wrist with misguided pride,

In 1986 I was a passenger in a car which went off the road, I grabbed the "jesus handle" above the door, and a fence post came through the screen and took out my left arm and seiko,

I havent worn a watch since.

There was an article about this very subject, on the BBC News website, on Thursday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11634105

Personally, I can't even begin to fathom why people don't wear watches, when they're 'out and about'. Usually I don't wear one when I'm at home, (so for example today - it's on my desk), but Monday - Saturday, I tend to wear one.

Yup I do. Like the earlier posters have said, it's more convenient looking at my wrist than digging through my pocket for the phone and lighting up the screen! Got a cheap casio watch ;_;

I've got a turnip, does that count?

Scirwode

refuse to wear anything other than a Fossil. I have 6 of them.

I wear this one all the time though:

FS4436_main__15153_thumb.jpg

spacer.gif

My girl is getting this one for my b/day next week.

400-new-FS4547_main.jpg

refuse to wear anything other than a Fossil. I have 6 of them.

I wear this one all the time though:

~snip

Love that first one, looks amazing. Here's what I wear when I'm not asleep. I used to wear the velcro strap sorts but I've started to wear nice metal watches now. The velcro strap watches were when I was at school, which made more sense because they last longer.

41zuntjdGJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have worn a watch everyday for the last 27 years. I sometimes don't even take it off at night. I have a need to always know the time even when it doesn't matter.