Proof of 2012

Is no one seeing this as worrying a goverment organisation accually trying to kill ideas for anyting happening?

Part of NASA's job is to educate, so no, not really. It's a topic of wide public interest, so they should chime in.

Of all the end-of-the-earth, dooms-days years 1881 is my favourite. It easily beats 666. Because you can write 1881 whichever direction you want: left to right, right to left, flip it, rotate it, you still gonna get 1881 :) Can you imagine how some people freaked out on Dec 31 1880? lol And they had known about this funny number for centuries before.

And I thought the proof was just going to be a picture of a 2012 calendar.

We know that Dec 21st 2012 is the day the alignment happens, and we know that it's the same day that the Mayan calendar ends. Like I said, could that really be a coincidence? Maybe, but probably not, especially since it only happens every 26,000 years.

What you're saying is, if I was a Mayan, and my version of the calendar has a vaguely 'special' date ... lets say 16 October 1793 in modern calendar ... it must be a very special day in reality? Apparently this means I would have predicted the date Marie Antoinette was executed, without ever having predicted it at all.

In the modern calendar, 31st Dec 1999 was a special day in terms of digits ... the calendar itself predicted nothing special would happen on that date though. It doesn't predict anything will happen on 1st Jan 10000, or 1st Jan 1,000,000. Or at 7am on 7th July 77777.

You can't apply arbitrary specialness to a date based on how it works in the calendar - unless that calendar specifically says "I predict **** will go down on this day". All the pseudoscientists have done is look at the date and find out something 'special' that's predicted to happen on that day. (And it is of course one of the things we can predict, rather than one of the ones we can't).

Of all the end-of-the-earth, dooms-days years, 1881 is my favourite. It easily beats 666. Because you can write 1881 whichever direction you want: left to right, right to left, flip it, rotate it, you still gonna get 1881 :) Can you imagine how some people freaked out on Dec 31 1880? lol

That's the ultimate palindrome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTZiiwcNImo

Just to chime in here on this, and I hope this clears up something I've been studying for quite some time....

The Mayans didn't really predict items really... yes, they watched the seasons and monitored star traffic.... but what's important is beyond the 3 three calendars used... it's about consciousness. To play on terms they used they felt and strived to find the ability to be aware of things. Be aware of being aware (otherwise known as the "zone" for athletes)... Their 9 levels of consciousness state that each level moves at a speed of 20x faster than that of the previous level... Right now, and until Feb 10th 2011 we are in the Galactic level... the mode of this level that started in 1999 or rule of this level is "Ethics". It's extremely complicated to go into, which is what is interesting about them. They were playing with what the overall thought of things are rather than what is... such as... and this is only one example...

You come home from work, walk through the door and realize your drive was exceedingly fast as well as the day while at work... you think that to yourself, shower and go out... while you're out having dinner with friends, they all start in some way or another and state how fast the day was that day..... This is what they were trying to exact... and they are pretty spot on within this realm.

What the calendar states is that it will soon be a rapid amount of things going by... time, information... etc.. that some people will not beable to handle this. This present's an issue, as people who cannot cope with this rapid succession of information go into what Dr types call "Fight or Flight". They go to things or do things that are abnormal, due to the inability to cope... think... Shooting up a place, or excessive drinking/drugs... and I mean from someone who is the most least likely to do so. Moore's Law speaks of this scenario in a tad bit of ways, but are the Mayan's talking about the limit? Could they be talking about the threshold of the information gap? Who knows...

Just watched the X-Files last night, I believe the date is the 12th of December 2010 - 12/12/12 :o

That's 1 more than 11/11/11, must mean its going to be 1 worse!!