• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Zune Music Marketplace

Arron    44

a923805a-e2da-417b-93fd-31cf26147c9f.JPG

After the update yesterday I downloaded the new Zune music marketplace for my xbox 360 and after being a fan of the Zune Movie marketplace I could not wait for it, as I have been using the last.fm function on the xbox 360 for quite a few months now and I am starting to get bored of the same old music which kept on being played on certain artists radio stations, rather than the new music which had just been released from within that genre of particular music. So after downloading Zune Music I had a browse and I actually liked the way it was laid out and the better graphical images which they had implemented within the recent update. I saw that users of the Xbox live gold subscription had to pay 260 Microsoft points for a music video which I thought was a little over priced as it is around ?2.15 for one music video when you could just turn on your television and watch MTV, but I suppose it is a money making opportunity. One thing which I also liked that Microsoft had put into their Zune marketplace was the 14 day free trial which Zune also implements online, because of this I think the Zune marketplace will slowly kill off last.fm because of the range of new albums and songs Zune offers, and the simple user interface it offers. Although Zune is ?6.00 more expensive than last.fm subscription I think users will find it more appealing, so if you have not purchased your free 14 day trial pass from the Zune Music Marketplace download it now, no credit card is required. I think it is worth it and I have already setup my pass which costs ?8.99 a month. If you have used the new Zune music marketplace on the xbox 360 please share your views below.

the better twin    364

I get no sound on it.

Also songs brought on the desktop version can not be played on the xbox version you have to have a zune pass.

Needs improvement but at least it is better looking than the disaster that is the new dashboard.

Arron    44

I get no sound on it.

Also songs brought on the desktop version can not be played on the xbox version you have to have a zune pass.

Needs improvement but at least it is better looking than the disaster that is the new dashboard.

Maybe the update did not fully work for you as the sound is working for me and a group of my friends.

Hedon    397

Zune Music is awesome on the Xbox 360. However, I will not commit to a Zune Pass until they allow you to use your Zune music in game. I am confident that will never happen, so Zune Pass won't happen for me.

Arron    44

Zune Music is awesome on the Xbox 360. However, I will not commit to a Zune Pass until they allow you to use your Zune music in game. I am confident that will never happen, so Zune Pass won't happen for me.

Totally agree that Zune music should be playable while you are playing a game. I mainly listen to it while Im on the computer or doing work.

Tharp Daddy    25

If you have Zune on the computer you can stream Zune from your computer to your xbox to play it in games, this is what i do.

Hedon    397

If you have Zune on the computer you can stream Zune from your computer to your xbox to play it in games, this is what i do.

I run all Macs at home. :(

Tharp Daddy    25

Oh, well that does pose a problem. Most likely with Windows 7 phone being released we will see a Zune software version for the Mac soon enough. I agree though that should be some way to stream music from it into games, besides through the computer.

Omen1393    16

Then buy a copy of Windows 7 to put on there. If you have a Mac without windows, there isn't much of a point of getting a zune pass then.

Hedon    397

Then buy a copy of Windows 7 to put on there. If you have a Mac without windows, there isn't much of a point of getting a zune pass then.

I would get Zune pass so I could listen to my music at work on my Windows workstation, and if they had it available on Xbox to stream in games. If Windows Phone 7 brings Zune to the Mac, then I will be in like Flynn.