[Dev Channel] Google Chrome 9.0.xxx.xx (for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)

Dev Channel Update

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 | 18:03

The Dev channel has been updated to 9.0.570.0 for Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome Frame

This release fixes several crashes as well as:

Mac

• Make sure the dock icon is updated after closing an incognito window with an in-progress download (Issue 48391)

Linux

• Fix incorrect border colors in incognito mode. (Issue 52815)

Security

• Require a user gesture when opening file choose dialog and make sure file choose dialog from invisible windows can not be displayed (Issue 58319)

Known Issues

• REGRESSION: Windows media player for Firefox doesn't load - Issue 61603
  • Regression:accelerated compositing slows down the whole machine - Issue 61520
  • google.com/wave : "Page Unresponsive" dailog box appears - Issue 61533
  • myspace.com : Cannot enter a character in Comments field - Issue 61513

More details about additional changes are available in the log of all revisions.

You can find out about getting on the Dev channel here: http://dev.chromium....ved/dev-channel.

I'm posting now before this turns into another version numbering scheme debate.

Using it, like it. I actually find it very stable.

Another day, another jump. Maybe tomorrow they'll actually bump the "stable" and "beta" channels up to 8 before skipping straight up to 10.

finally print preview in about:flags

hardware acceleration fully enabled.

On IE FishTank Chrome seems to have to lost ground - previous builds 8.xx.xx.xx were running at 30fps with default fish (Firefox 4.0 dev/trunk=59fps) - while the 9.xx.xxx.x is at 23fps...

IE Speedreading test is only running at 6pfs -

So perhaps I have something set wrong ? I have this in the properties:

J:\Users\JJ1\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-video-layering --enable-fastback

On IE FishTank Chrome seems to have to lost ground - previous builds 8.xx.xx.xx were running at 30fps with default fish (Firefox 4.0 dev/trunk=59fps) - while the 9.xx.xxx.x is at 23fps...

IE Speedreading test is only running at 6pfs -

So perhaps I have something set wrong ? I have this in the properties:

J:\Users\JJ1\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --enable-accelerated-compositing --enable-gpu-plugin --enable-gpu-rendering --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-video-layering --enable-fastback

I get 42 fps with fish and 60fps with speed reading. fish and speed reading is Canvas and it is not enabled by default now.

remove the properties from the shortcut and go to about:flags and enable "GPU Accelerated Canvas 2D"

restart browser and check again. it should be faster

The latest Chromium trunk builds are seriously impressive. Just ran through peacekeeper, and received a score of 10,259 up by nearly 900 points on what I got with Chromium 8.x, the highest peacekeeper score I have ever achieved on my hardware, and the highest leap I have seen from one browser version to another, with the exception of the leap from IE8 to IE9

I get 42 fps with fish and 60fps with speed reading. fish and speed reading is Canvas and it is not enabled by default now.

remove the properties from the shortcut and go to about:flags and enable "GPU Accelerated Canvas 2D"

Thanks that worked :)

I'm still getting 1FPS with it ENABLED

WTF?

Got a 207.2ms +/- 0.8% with sunspider. I think with chrome version 7 it was 390~ on my computer so quite an improvement...

Javascript intense webpages feel quicker then ever, 3d rendering works great on all the tech demos. Any sites out there that actually use some of this stuff yet?

Anyone know how to use Print Preview once it's been enabled? I can't find a shortcut anywhere.

print preview is not completely implemented. its in progress.

type this in omni-box to see how it might look in future chrome:print