HD Video of Nikon D7000 vs Canon 60D Video Comparison side by side

The DOF and bokeh is better on the Nikon however the colours on the canon look better.

exactly my thought. Color can be fixed in post production, though. I was thinking the Nikon looked a little sharper, but maybe that was due to the lens used? It'd be nice to know which lenses were used.

The DOF and bokeh is better on the Nikon however the colours on the canon look better.

Well that would depend on the Lens, is there any indication as to what lenses were used?

exactly my thought. Color can be fixed in post production, though. I was thinking the Nikon looked a little sharper, but maybe that was due to the lens used? It'd be nice to know which lenses were used.

Well that would depend on the Lens, is there any indication as to what lenses were used?

It looks like they're using an entirely different lens on each camera in the second video :s

Read the description. It tells you which lens was used. :p

• 1 month later...

I've recently got the d7000 and this is so far the best DSLR i've used for day-to-day shooting. I had to send 2 units back because of hot pixels (although they have now released firmware to remedy this), but my current unit is amazing.

The low light performance is incredible, far surpasses even the d300s and is a a bit better than the d700 for noise and quality at high ISO. Image processing with the new expeed2 is very quick. I like how they have balanced weight and durability - the weather sealed body makes it perfect for the kind of locations I shoot at and is nowhere near as bulky and heavy as the d700 to carry all day.

With the d7000 I feel that FX is becoming a requirement of the past. This new sensor has exemplorary low light performance and quality, which really were the main drawing points of FX. I'd really only consider fx if the larger viewfinder was necessary and the ultra wide angles possible from not having a crop factor.

I've recently got the d7000 and this is so far the best DSLR i've used for day-to-day shooting. I had to send 2 units back because of hot pixels (although they have now released firmware to remedy this), but my current unit is amazing.

The low light performance is incredible, far surpasses even the d300s and is a a bit better than the d700 for noise and quality at high ISO. Image processing with the new expeed2 is very quick. I like how they have balanced weight and durability - the weather sealed body makes it perfect for the kind of locations I shoot at and is nowhere near as bulky and heavy as the d700 to carry all day.

With the d7000 I feel that FX is becoming a requirement of the past. This new sensor has exemplorary low light performance and quality, which really were the main drawing points of FX. I'd really only consider fx if the larger viewfinder was necessary and the ultra wide angles possible from not having a crop factor.

False. D7000 < D700 or any other modern full frame camera in the ISO department. Nikon is just applying a stronger noise reduction filter behind the scenes to make it look better.

Also with full frame, you get more detail out of each pixel and a much more narrow depth of field. Its just physics, really. 12 MP on a 35mm sensor vs 16MP on a APS-C size. The photons on the 35mm camera are much larger and are much more sensitive to light

False. D7000 < D700 or any other modern full frame camera in the ISO department. Nikon is just applying a stronger noise reduction filter behind the scenes to make it look better.

Also with full frame, you get more detail out of each pixel and a much more narrow depth of field. Its just physics, really. 12 MP on a 35mm sensor vs 16MP on a APS-C size. The photons on the 35mm camera are much larger and are much more sensitive to light

The photons are more sensitive? That doesn't even make any sense :s

I get where you're coming from (in a round about way)... in theory yes that makes sense. What you're forgetting is that it's not just about the size of the pixels. Even without any noise filtering, the D7000 is still a bit better for ISO than the D700, and much better than the dx 'pro' d300s. In fact after comparison the d7000 is so good I ditched my d700 in favour of it as there was just no point hanging onto it - and 90% of my work is in dingy low light places. It's just technology moving on, the 700 is old 2007 tech.

ISO is essentially just cranking up the power output from the sensor, in the same way you would crank up the volume on a stereo. An old stereo might be crackly and distorted but newer technology would mean it is much cleaner, before the use of any noise reduction features.

I have no doubt that the D800 will be much better yet. But it's not out yet, not even announced. For what is out there right now today, fx is irrelevant except for the larger viewfinder & wider angles. DOF can be a consideration but depends on the glass you're shooting with as to what makes a difference for you enough to care about it.

D7000 ISO performance is still far from that of D700. Visually and statistically D700 comes out much better when it comes to tonal range, color sensitivity, dynamic range and overall detail at high ISO.

Don't get me wrong though. I would love one, but there's no way I would trade D700 for it because the only thing I would gain is video.

Nevertheless, congrats with your D7000.

D7000 ISO performance is still far from that of D700. Visually and statistically D700 comes out much better when it comes to tonal range, color sensitivity, dynamic range and overall detail at high ISO.

Don't get me wrong though. I would love one, but there's no way I would trade D700 for it because the only thing I would gain is video.

Nevertheless, congrats with your D7000.

I wouldn't say that the D700 is way ahead of the D7000, take into account that the D7000 uses newer sensor technology which produces cleaner images from the start. From the iamges I've seen the D7000 is not in any way behind in noise at any ISO setting than the D700 (on the contrary).

However, the D700 does have a wider dynamic range IIRC.