Windows 7 Will Kill XP Ahead of Windows 8, It

I couldn't agree more, I was running a backup on my i7 with win7 and decided to jump on my p4 running xp...It was incredible i never realized how responsive this system was, so now i'm somewhat concerned is it just due to the bloat in windows 7 or do i have faulty hardware...i'll have to install xp back onto the i7 machine and see how that performs.

So, you spent all that money on a core i7 machine, only to put Windows XP on it? What the hell was the point of that then? Have fun gimping the hell out of your machine.

I have 3 machines running 7, and not one shows signs of sluggishness. 1 is a high end desktop like yours, another is a mid range laptop, and the other is a netbook.

Ahhhh here we go. I really don't know if I can be stuffed replying to this thread, we'll see. I'm typing it up but whether I click reply or not... we shall see.

I can't be bothered replying to specific posts, so I will just generalise. Besides, you people know who you are.

Why the XP hate? Really? If it does what someone wants then why the hell do you give a damn? Don't give me rubbish about it being "insecure" or what not. Any system, including XP can be used malware free.

I have never had a virus or any other bad malware and I still use XP. No, I don't have an old Celeron 400MHz, like some of you people would make out. My system built in the last couple of years runs XP far better.

Especially for games. Why should I abandon a number of my games that I still play, just because Windows Vista and Win 7 can't run them properly or at all in some cases? Who cares if they are old games? I still play them.

No, a virtual machine won't suffice for these games. That introduces other limitations and the performance is often not as good as XP actual. Sure, I have 4GB of RAM and I know full well of the 32bit limit for XP (and other Windows operating systems).

However, even 3.2GB if plenty for me. If it ever poses a problem then I will move to XP x64, which again, I find really great. I have fully licensed and genuine copies of XP, XP x64, Vista and Win 7, so don't accuse me of being someone who doesn't get to

have an opinion because my copes aren't genuine, because they ARE genuine.

So why all the need for the hate on XP users? Really, grow up. If someone wishes to use XP then you really shouldn't care. If you do then you have way too much time on your hands and I feel very, very sorry for you because you have too much anger, hate and frustration.

Everyone is different and for some people XP works better for them, others Vista does and for even others it's Win 7. I've used Win 7 a LOT since it went RTM / release. I can assure you that for *my* specific requirements, software and machine that XP works better.

Much better. My games runs faster, *all* my games run, not just some of them and it's overall better for *me*.

There is really no need to call other people "brain damaged" or the other tripe in this thread, just because someone decides to use XP. Some people have too much anger and hate if they feel the need to belittle someone based on their operating system usage.

And again, I feel very, very sorry for these people. And I know what these people are like because after this post they will be telling me I am wrong and "brain damaged (or similar)" for using XP, that there is something wrong with my machine etc etc. When really, they have absolutely

no idea on my circumstances (aside from what I post here which is not enough to form an opinion), what hardware I use, what games and software I play and use or exactly how much testing and the specifics of my Win 7 testing vs XP for *my* specifics that I have done.

So in reality , anyone that responds to my post saying... "XP is bad", "You are wrong for using XP", "There is something wrong with you machine", "It's a driver conflict", "Enjoy your 9 year old OS", "Upgrade your machine", "Get new software", "Get with the times",

"It's a PEBKAC issue"... or anything even remotely similar, is nothing but an utter troll and has no clue what they are talking about nor anything better to do. Again, you have my sympathy.

This might sound harsh and it's not intended to be a personal attack against anybody. However, people really need to get over the XP hate. There is simply no need for it, nor some of the comments in this thread (and general). XP works fine for some people and that's great.

Windows 7 or Vista works fine for others and that's great too. If Win 7, Win 8 or even Microsoft kills XP tomorrow then so be it, people will either keep using it or move to something else. Either way, it shouldn't bother you at all.

Merry Christmas.

holy ****, would people just give up on the XP hate already... it's old, windows 7 is better. we get it. thanks (Y)

This!

Old doesn't mean bad by any means.....An old wine is bad because its old?

Just leave it alone and let it fade in glory..

Why the XP hate? Really?

Because, there are those who love the OS so much, they start spreading FUD about upgrading. I then get people telling me they don't want to upgrade or buy a new machine because they heard Windows 7 sucks too. Not to mention, Windows still gets judged by this 10 year old operating system, and any advancements made since XP go unnoticed. Case and point: Google, they got hacked for using IE 6 and Windows XP still. Therefore, Windows security sucks, which we all know not to be the case today. Other FUD that gets thrown around that makes me mad is that Windows XP runs faster on brand new hardware, therefore, it is better. Which isn't the case. And I can't help but laugh at those who build new high end machines only to put XP on it. What was the point of spending all that money then? If you need XP why not just buy a low end machine? Save yourself some dough.

Second, because of the FUD flying around, I have people constantly asking why this and that won't work with XP, and when I tell them that XP, for all intensive purposes isn't supported anymore, they get mad at me, saying So and So told me XP would be supported forever, and that Windows 7 stinks, blah, blah, blah.

Lastly, Windows XP is just a PITA to maintain, plain and simple. Performing constant system wipes is Hell. A clean install of XP takes forever to set up. Is there a reason why it can never find a NIC driver? And then 6 months down the line when Windows Rot kicks in, you get to go through the process all over again! Yay! Something that died with XP, as Vista and 7 don't suffer this.

Because, there are those who love the OS so much, they start spreading FUD about upgrading. I then get people telling me they don't want to upgrade or buy a new machine because they heard Windows 7 sucks too. Not to mention, Windows still gets judged by this 10 year old operating system, and any advancements made since XP go unnoticed. Case and point: Google, they got hacked for using IE 6 and Windows XP still. Therefore, Windows security sucks, which we all know not to be the case today. Other FUD that gets thrown around that makes me mad is that Windows XP runs faster on brand new hardware, therefore, it is better. Which isn't the case. And I can't help but laugh at those who build new high end machines only to put XP on it. What was the point of spending all that money then? If you need XP why not just buy a low end machine? Save yourself some dough.

Second, because of the FUD flying around, I have people constantly asking why this and that won't work with XP, and when I tell them that XP, for all intensive purposes isn't supported anymore, they get mad at me, saying So and So told me XP would be supported forever, and that Windows 7 stinks, blah, blah, blah.

Lastly, Windows XP is just a PITA to maintain, plain and simple. Performing constant system wipes is Hell. A clean install of XP takes forever to set up. Is there a reason why it can never find a NIC driver? And then 6 months down the line when Windows Rot kicks in, you get to go through the process all over again! Yay! Something that died with XP, as Vista and 7 don't suffer this.

+1 some people's children...

Why is it so important to people what other people use or do with THEIR computers or life? Why the urge to brain wash people into using whatever you are using? Sometimes these forum posts reflect the maturity level of a preschool class. "That lunchbox is old and icky, mine is new and better." Who the F cares! It's a lunchbox/OS it does what it's supposed to. Everyone uses what works for them; and that's ok. The world is full of choices and compition is good. Whatever happened to "Live and let live." And wasn't there a piece here on Neowin's homepage regarding freedom of choice and to suggest taking an alternative perspective to fanboyism? Perhaps I'm wasting my words; after all... "Haters are going to hate.", right? Here's a thought how about build each others choices up instead of tear them down? Why rain on someone's parade?

sorry that not everyone is a bunch of computer nerds and can still do everything they want and more with their 3-4 year old hardware that runs windows xp... not everyone needs to throw down $100 - 1500 for an upgrade or knows how to pirate their own copy of windows 7.

that's trolling treemonster, not anything i said before. and ugly is just an opinion. I don't think windows 7 looks that hot...

It sounds like your 14" monitor is keeping you in the dark!

So, you spent all that money on a core i7 machine, only to put Windows XP on it? What the hell was the point of that then? Have fun gimping the hell out of your machine.

I have 3 machines running 7, and not one shows signs of sluggishness. 1 is a high end desktop like yours, another is a mid range laptop, and the other is a netbook.

I'm going to put DOS on my i7 machine just because I can and just to annoy you. It was my money to do with whatever I wanted just as it is his money and system to do with whatever he wanted. Get over it!

I'm going to put DOS on my i7 machine just because I can and just to annoy you. It was my money to do with whatever I wanted just as it is his money and system to do with whatever he wanted. Get over it!

feel free to do so.

but i am sure anything older then windows 2000(with SP4) won't run at all

no one in the forum put a gun in your head and forced you to install XYZ operating system , what are you ******** about?

out of experience i7 platform work best with Windows 7

have a fun with dos!

feel free to do so.

but i am sure anything older then windows 2000(with SP4) won't run at all

no one in the forum put a gun in your head and forced you to install XYZ operating system , what are you ******** about?

out of experience i7 platform work best with Windows 7

have a fun with dos!

MS-DOS 7.3 runs wonderfully on the system from an SD Memory Card I have it on.

"Best" is a mater of opinion. If you're comparing speed, I am willing to wager that my DOS intallation will perform instructions and functions faster than your Windows 7 installation would. I could be performing instructions just while yours is booting up... But I digress because as I stated before who cares? To each their own. Fill a need as I or you see fit.