Windows Live Essentials 2011 Flagged as Important Update

So what if it is more secured, the problem is it have way too many bugs.

Apple or Microsoft should stop "SUGGESTING" their software to us. What is the different from advertising on your computer?

@tanjiajun_34

Anyways, to stop this from ever happening, go to Control Panel > Windows Update > Change Settings > Uncheck "Give me updates for Microsoft products and check for new optional Microsoft software when I update Windows"

I might add, this is something you cannot do with Apple Software Update, at least on Windows.

So you already have windows live essentials (at least one component of it) installed and you have Microsoft update on....

Hmm, I wonder why it would be updating.... If you don't want to get non-Windows update don't use Microsoft update it really is so so simple.

• 3 weeks later...

In messenger.

They have revoved Nicknames. That isn't too bad, and arguably is a good idea, but its still annoying for people who use that feature.

The bigger one they have removed is the ability to do one way webcams. This is very annoying, as it means having to do a specific video call which uses more processer power and more bandwidth (and means both have to be transmitting the camera).

For people who use specifically the webcam feature, it is a big deal.

Also, wasn't there something with Photo Gallery 2011 messing up geo-location data in photos?

You do have the option when people send you a video chat invitation to just send audio while still being able to see their video. But they have to send the invitation first.

It's been like this for a while, and agreed. It's very annoying. I don't want WLM 2011.

Do you have *any* of the applications now part of Windows Live Essentials 2011 as a previous version (this would include MSN/Windows Live Messenger and MSN Mail/Windows Mail/Windows Live Mail)? If so, *that* is why the update is flagged.

Either remove the older application (if you're not using it) or update it (via Custom Install) - either way, once done, the nag goes away.

Yes - installing WLE 2011 via WU/MU still permits a custom install.

It's been like this for a while, and agreed. It's very annoying. I don't want WLM 2011.

Yeah, all you have to do is hide that offering and you'll never see it again. Not so annoying after all, now is it. :p

Just noticed this when I reinstalled Windows, I usually install it tho but at the time I didn't have any Windows Live programs installed. It's all well and good Microsoft unbundling things from Windows 7 only to have them thrown back at you a week later.

Do you have *any* of the applications now part of Windows Live Essentials 2011 as a previous version (this would include MSN/Windows Live Messenger and MSN Mail/Windows Mail/Windows Live Mail)? If so, *that* is why the update is flagged.

Either remove the older application (if you're not using it) or update it (via Custom Install) - either way, once done, the nag goes away.

Yes - installing WLE 2011 via WU/MU still permits a custom install.

I personally don't have any Windows Live stuff I am aware of on the system I am on right now (I have checked, no Windows Live stuff to uninstall or anything and I know I never installed it in the first place) but it still shows up as an important update. But, I have hidden the update so it's not much of an issue.

I personally don't have any Windows Live stuff I am aware of on the system I am on right now (I have checked, no Windows Live stuff to uninstall or anything and I know I never installed it in the first place) but it still shows up as an important update. But, I have hidden the update so it's not much of an issue.

I also referred to MSN Mail/Windows Mail (both count as predecessor applications - Windows Mail is in a typical Windows 7 install by default).

I also referred to MSN Mail/Windows Mail (both count as predecessor applications - Windows Mail is in a typical Windows 7 install by default).

I am aware of that, Windows Mail is not on this system. I bought the computer a few months ago and the first thing I did was reinstall the system to remove all the junk I didn't plan on using. FYI, Windows Mail is not in a typical Windows 7 install, by default, Windows 7 does not have a mail application, you need to install Live Mail to get one.