What time is it... Really?

As I was walking down the street one day

A man came up to me and asked me what

The time was that was on my watch, yeah...And I said

(I don't) Does anybody really know what time it is

(Care) Does anybody really care (about time)

If so I can't imagine why (Oh no, no)

We've all got time enough to cry

Ah, Classic Chicago!

FREE YOUR MIND, you think it's 2010 when it actually more like 3010, no one really knows. You see we are all just batteries feeding energy to the Matrix.... :shiftyninja:

Absolute time is unmeasurable because it is relative to your frame of reference (velocity). Here's a thought; say my friend flies around in a rocket ship in space at light speed for a year and then returns to visit me at my house. To him, he will have only been gone for a year. To me, he will have been gone for hundreds of years. When my friend shows up at my house to visit we will both be at the same point in space and time, though to him the universe has only aged a year and to me it has aged hundreds of years.

Absolute time is unmeasurable because it is relative to your frame of reference (velocity). Here's a thought; say my friend flies around in a rocket ship in space at light speed for a year and then returns to visit me at my house. To him, he will have only been gone for a year. To me, he will have been gone for hundreds of years. When my friend shows up at my house to visit we will both be at the same point in space and time, though to him the universe has only aged a year and to me it has aged hundreds of years.

You are assuming you can live that long....

to debunk your thoughts, let me explain this.

The belief that a reincarnation of God was born, aka, Jesus. This is what started year 1.

As for the correct time of day, it's based on when the sun is at its highest, I believe on June 21, giving you noon, or 12:00pm.

You are assuming you can live that long....

I thought that was obvious. It doesn't change my point though. Even if he goes into space at light speed for just a minute, it will be days before he returns in 'Earth time'.

To make up for this lost time, we of course have added the idea of a "leap year" in which every 4 years we add an extra day. But if you do the math, that "leap year" does not fully account for every last second & as time continues to add... Those seconds become minutes, hours, days.... And of course, what about all the years before the calender included a "leap year"....

We'd end up with midnight at dawn, it would be rather obvious.

Time measurements just help us place things relative to each other i.e. event A happened before event B, or x time ago. The notion of absolute time isn't terribly important.

FREE YOUR MIND, you think it's 2010 when it actually more like 3010, no one really knows. You see we are all just batteries feeding energy to the Matrix.... :shiftyninja:

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think of that.

Arguably the majority of the world recognizes it as the year 2,010 (2010). But this is completely based on the religious belief on when a single "religious being" lived & died. rolleyes.gif

^ what is that suppose to mean exactly? you know im seeing more and more of you push your atheism on others here. i for one one gladly believe in something, whatever it is. sorry don't mean to turn this into a war but im tired of seeing comments like this, really offensive to me and im sure others. keep your religious beliefs to yourself! :wacko: