Ordered some Hot Sauces, Spices, ...

Heya guys!

Some of you might know it, for the rest of you: I LOVE EATING HOT!

So yesterday I ordered a batch of spices and all that, here we go:

sol_1094801_pic1_z1.jpg

Bih Jolokia (50gr) grinded in a glass

sol_10411_pic1_z1.jpg

Blair's Heat Habanero Mango Hot Sauce (250ml)

sol_10037_pic1_z1.jpg

CaJohn's Vicious Viper Hot Sauce (148ml)

sol_12160_pic1_z1.jpg

500gr Jalapenos + 500gr Habaneros - ordered a 50/50 mix of red and yellow, there can be a few green ones in the package, though. If red/yellow mix is not possible I'll get red. (And yes, these are FRESH!)

sol_12043_pic1_z1.jpg

1,000,000 scoville Chili Extract (30ml)

sol_11891_pic1_z1.jpg

Pepper King Jolokia Nightmare Hot Sauce (148ml)

The funny thing is, just today I looked up that shop on Google Maps et voil?: It's just about 20 kilometers away. :woot:

No more shipping cost in future! :D (And maybe the ability to try it in their shop to discover new awesome tasty sauces? :))

Comments are welcome!

Glassed Silver:mac

YUMMY!

I love spicy foods.

ROOSTER SAUCE FTW!!!!

What's it like? Like is it fruity or is it... idk?

here's somethings you prob already know-

Fresnos are ripe Jalepenos (and are hotter too)

Chipotle are roasted / smoked Jalepenos or Fresnos (hotter chipotle are fresno / ripe jalepeno)

Jolokai are best smoked, as are habenero.

serrano's have, IMHO, the best balance between flavor and heat; smoke them, then roast and use like jalepenos.

I aboslutely love spicy foods as well. If you really wanna set your mouth blazing, try some tepin pepper sauce. The tepin is arguably the hottest pepper in the world. I know there are many hybrid peppers out there to choose from now that are spicier than the Habanero, but this is a good starting point (and perhaps ending point) :D

I aboslutely love spicy foods as well. If you really wanna set your mouth blazing, try some tepin pepper sauce. The tepin is arguably the hottest pepper in the world. I know there are many hybrid peppers out there to choose from now that are spicier than the Habanero, but this is a good starting point (and perhaps ending point) :D

Wasn't the Bhi Jolokia the hottest in the world with ca 1million scoville?

Furthermore, you can go farther than that, if you go for extracts, whereas pure capsaicin extract @16mil. scoville being the hottest chemically possible. (No joke, this is even far beyond "deadly weapon"! I'd say, don't use with caution, but with fear!)

And yea, chipotle is definately something I need to try out soon as well!

I tried to get smoked Habaneros, whole fruit, but they were sold out. :(

smoke your own habeneros. not hard to do actually. you can do it in your kitchen if you're brave

get one of those cast iron smoker boxes you put wet wood in and make a tent over the vents so that the smoke goes over your oiled habeneros

apple or maple make for pretty interesting flavors on a pepper

I dont see how is it possible to like spicy foods...light spice is ok, but when it actually burns and is unpleasant...its just madness tongue.gif

lol... the 'burn' is the point. wink.gif

but then again, sometimes it's the flavor that the peppers impart on the food.

I dont see how is it possible to like spicy foods...light spice is ok, but when it actually burns and is unpleasant...its just madness :p

Ohhh but it burns sooooo good!

I love Blair's Habanero Mango.

I love spicy food, but 1 million scoville...too spicy. At that point it's just pain, and you can't taste anything.

Well, on the other hand it is an advantage if you've got a high SHU rated product... it lasts way longer... as for tasty spicey sauces, that aren't too hot, I got some of that kind, too! :)

For example I enjoy Tabasco (Original) a loooot! Just for the taste, the hotness is rather low. (drinking it pure tee spoons full of it... one after another :D)

Can anyone recommend me Tabasco Habanero?

Never seen it in local stores, just on the internet, would love to purchase a big bottle.

How does it compare to Original? (Taste-wise... I know it's about 3 times hotter ;D)

What foods will you put those hot babies then? :woot:

You mean where I put them in?

Well for example in chili con carne, on pizza, soups, tacos, on bread (as a kind of snack), instant asia soups, etc etc ....

basically almost every dish is suited for that :D

On another note: I have created a very delicious dish and I call it Meat Onion Chili!

Will post a thread in this section with pictures, recipe, and additional hints and how it tastes and all that.

I'm telling you guys, that was the most delicious chili I have ever put in my mouth! (I know it's my own recipe, but DARNIT! That was yummy!)

</advertisement> :laugh:

Would you do me a favor Glassed?

Check around your local d?ner kebab shops and find out which red powder spice they use? Sure it may vary from place to place but I think they all use the same thing. Sure tasted that way from Baumholder to Frankfurt. I havent been living in Germany for a while now and I REALLY want a d?ner and I can't remember what that specific spice is the Turkish guys used where I live.

It would be awesome if you went and asked them for some brand names so I can complete my recipe. I found the perfect ketchup and cucumber sauce but I need that spice. :laugh:

spicecat.jpg

Doesnt your local grocery store sell fresh habaneros? They are a pretty common and easy to grow pepper, not to mention a single plant gets like 100 of them a season.

Also, ive had a fresh ghost pepper/Naga jolokia/Bhut jolokia or whatever you want to call it, the hottest pepper in the world, and yes they are hot. The thing was it had like no taste, i dont really even like peppers so maybe im not used to what they taste like, but it was an extremly crispy and firm texture, kind of like eating a hollow carrot, thats what stuck with me the most, along with the smell. It didnt really smell too hot, just had a very "green" smell to it. Sure enough though I ate the entire thing on an empty stomach and threw up 5 minutes later. I could feel the very second it reached my stomach, it felt like some just hit me with a rock in my stomach and then stabbed me with a knife. Its not a slowly building pain, you fell it right when it reaches your stomach. My advice to anyone wanting to eat one is to not swallow it, by all means spit it out, its not worth it. Your stomach will be in pain for hours. I was lucky enough to get it all out of my stomach, and I cant even imagine what it would be like to have to go through that pain for the next few hours. Some other people who ate on with me were able to keep it down, and said later when they went home they were in a ball on the floor in pain because of it. The heat from the pepper only will last about 20-30 minutes, but your mouth might feel a little numb for the next day or so.

Well, on the other hand it is an advantage if you've got a high SHU rated product... it lasts way longer... as for tasty spicey sauces, that aren't too hot, I got some of that kind, too! :)

For example I enjoy Tabasco (Original) a loooot! Just for the taste, the hotness is rather low. (drinking it pure tee spoons full of it... one after another :D)

Can anyone recommend me Tabasco Habanero?

Never seen it in local stores, just on the internet, would love to purchase a big bottle.

How does it compare to Original? (Taste-wise... I know it's about 3 times hotter ;D)

I'm honestly not a fan of Tabasco. I pretty much used it as a gateway drug into much better hot sauces. Their habanero sauce isn't nearly as good as Blair's. The only Tabasco stuff I still like is their jalapeno sauce, even then I like the Iguana Mean Green better.

If you haven't had any of Nando's sauces, I would recommend them as well

Would you do me a favor Glassed?

Check around your local döner kebab shops and find out which red powder spice they use? Sure it may vary from place to place but I think they all use the same thing. Sure tasted that way from Baumholder to Frankfurt. I havent been living in Germany for a while now and I REALLY want a döner and I can't remember what that specific spice is the Turkish guys used where I live.

[...]

Will keep it in mind ;)

Doesnt your local grocery store sell fresh habaneros? They are a pretty common and easy to grow pepper, not to mention a single plant gets like 100 of them a season.

Also, ive had a fresh ghost pepper/Naga jolokia/Bhut jolokia or whatever you want to call it, the hottest pepper in the world, and yes they are hot. The thing was it had like no taste, i dont really even like peppers so maybe im not used to what they taste like, but it was an extremly crispy and firm texture, kind of like eating a hollow carrot, thats what stuck with me the most, along with the smell. It didnt really smell too hot, just had a very "green" smell to it. Sure enough though I ate the entire thing on an empty stomach and threw up 5 minutes later. I could feel the very second it reached my stomach, it felt like some just hit me with a rock in my stomach and then stabbed me with a knife. Its not a slowly building pain, you fell it right when it reaches your stomach. My advice to anyone wanting to eat one is to not swallow it, by all means spit it out, its not worth it. Your stomach will be in pain for hours. I was lucky enough to get it all out of my stomach, and I cant even imagine what it would be like to have to go through that pain for the next few hours. Some other people who ate on with me were able to keep it down, and said later when they went home they were in a ball on the floor in pain because of it. The heat from the pepper only will last about 20-30 minutes, but your mouth might feel a little numb for the next day or so.

My local grocery store might sell it, but a) I'm not sure about it's quality in regards of hotness or it being a watered down version for "mama's kitchen". On another note they are far more expensive in the grocery stores I guess.

I'd love to grow some, but two problems: a) for the real spiciness you'll want them from a region where it is dry and hot... I live in Germany and I can only grow inside. Says it all! (Indoors is fine, but that also limits my space in my student appartment) b) it's winter :sleep: I did however already grow my own peppers and it is great fun, they got a nice hotness, but yea... for the sake of "collecting the ultimates" or to "just have them at their best condition" I decided to buy them either way. Still... Recommend growing your own to everyone, too! Great fun!

You DON'T EAT jolo's pure. Just DO NOT DO IT! For Christ's sake that is extremely dangerous, no matter what kind of a chilihead you are! You got away quite well!

I do know the effects of those peppers or extracts etc... use them with extreme caution or make own chili products from them, for example your own chili sauce! (Done that before and it was a great idea!!! TOTALLY recommend cooking your own chili sauce to everyone, it's really fun and it takes 10 times better, because YOU made it!)

I'm honestly not a fan of Tabasco. I pretty much used it as a gateway drug into much better hot sauces. Their habanero sauce isn't nearly as good as Blair's. The only Tabasco stuff I still like is their jalapeno sauce, even then I like the Iguana Mean Green better.

If you haven't had any of Nando's sauces, I would recommend them as well

Well, I wouldn't say Tabasco is the best either taste or hotness wise, of cause it is not, but still I like it.

What I wanna do is build up a collection like some people collect vines, I collect hot spices / sauces / etc...

Thanks for your tips, will try to see whether I can order them sooner or later :)

But yea, really, I'd love to hear from someone who can compare traditional Tabasco to the Habanero one!

I find those with novelty looking bottles usually oversell how spicey they actually are.

Indeed, however that was not what I did pay attention to.

I chose a few "flavors" and a few "scoville records". (Based on descriptions and buyer reviews)

Okay guys, just got my package of hot stuff..

I'm currently eating some Jalape?os and those are fresh as can be :)

Will definitely order there again and I recommend that shop to all Germans (or well... they ship worldwide, but shipping costs might be a turn down?)

Yummy...

The grinded Bhut Jolokia smells funny and spicy.

Won't open one of the sauces as for now, because you need to put them into the fridge after opening, and I want to stare at those babies for a little longer :D