WP7 on bones !

I think one thing that has caused this in recent years is the prevalance of DVRs with "commercial skip" functions. Kind of hard to skip the commercial when it is integral to the show!

its not so much an advertisement, as it is simply product placement... i think its a win-win situation, really, the show is more realistic from having a real product, and the product gets public exposure...

overdo it , and both the show and the product in it goes down .... underdo it, and it becomes youtube freeze-frame fodder , like subliminal advertising

I don't see anything wrong with intentional product placement. Companies need to promote their products as much as possible in order to gain more sales.

It's a jarring change and kills the flow of the scene. Like in I, Robot when they started randomly talking about converse shoes and showed a close-up.

It turns the show/movie into an ad for a short period of time, often with no context to the surrounding action.

It's a jarring change and kills the flow of the scene. Like in I, Robot when they started randomly talking about converse shoes and showed a close-up.

It turns the show/movie into an ad for a short period of time, often with no context to the surrounding action.

Oh, I mean when they fit it into the story. For example, if somebody is texting somebody in the scene - part of the story - and they use a Windows Phone, as they would a normal phone.

Do you mind it when it fits into the scene well?

If it fits into the story well (i.e. they could swap it out with anything and it'd still make sense), then I can't really have an objection to that.

That being said, even the subtle ones can be quite jarring (in every single episode they've used a fictional OS, then suddenly there's Windows logos on every machine and they're all using Windows 7)