Just got Droid 2 Global

Well this is the first android base phone that I own. So need some pointers specific to this Droid 2 Global.

1. What are the best must have app?

2. Is there any auto shutdown and auto start (I use to have that in my blackberry)

3. How does the Wi-Fi works, is it like when Wi-Fi is on and connected it doesn't use cell service (sorry never had phone with Wi-Fi before).

I'm sure there are few secrets out there for a newbie for Android like me don?t know, so please be kind and inform.

1) Try the top lists in the Market for some good ones...the biggest for me would be Launcher Pro.

2) Don't really know what you mean...it switches on and off automatically?

3) Yep, correct. You can also turn cell data off completely in the settings (or with a power control widget).

What's it like from a physical standpoint? Anything that bugs you?

Not really, I'm glad to get rid of the damn clicking thing from BB storm. The only thing that I was concern about was the keyboard that lot of people were complaining about but I found out that the keyboard in this phone is a lot nicer than the one I tried in best buy. It?s little close to the screen part of the phone but it does recognize my finger on what I'm trying to press.

I?m not much of a review kinda guy but I would give 9/10. And for my 2nd question BB had an option where you can turn on you for let say 6:00 AM and turn off you at 1:00AM. It was one of the best features it had, but for the life of me I can?t find anywhere in droid.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is the first android base phone that I own. So need some pointers specific to this Droid 2 Global.

1. What are the best must have app?

2. Is there any auto shutdown and auto start (I use to have that in my blackberry)

3. How does the Wi-Fi works, is it like when Wi-Fi is on and connected it doesn't use cell service (sorry never had phone with Wi-Fi before).

I'm sure there are few secrets out there for a newbie for Android like me don?t know, so please be kind and inform.

Does global have the same hardware as the Droid 2? Just curious if it does and if the global features can be unlocked via rooting.