Trench coat controversy

i dont think it is a nazi cloth as long theres no nazi logo or anything that resemble nazi... otherwise, it is a nice black leather coat that looks badass! (and expensive too)

I like it, you should get one, just because the coat style was worn by a certain group, it shouldn't be frowned upon, although you are in Poland, it may make some older people upset but I would go ahead and pick one up. Heck I still buy white sheets even though the Ku Klux Klan wears them, doesn't mean I hate black people all of the sudden...

Heating stuff.

Then it was all Done by the Americans the earliest magnetrons were made in New York by General Electric and the guy who discovered the heating properties of microwaves while building Magnetrons for radar was also an American

The first simple, two-pole magnetron was developed in 1920 by Albert Hull[6] at General Electric's Research Laboratories (Schenectady, New York), as an outgrowth of his work on the magnetic control of vacuum tubes in an attempt to work around the patents held by Lee De Forest on electrostatic control.

Source

The heating effect of microwaves was discovered accidentally in 1945. Percy Spencer, an American self-taught engineer from Howland, Maine, was building magnetrons for radar sets with the American company Raytheon. He was working on an active radar set when he noticed that a peanut chocolate bar he had in his pocket started to melt. The radar had melted his chocolate bar with microwaves. The first food to be deliberately cooked with Spencer's microwave was popcorn, and the second was an egg, which exploded in the face of one of the experimenters.[1][2] To verify his finding, Spencer created a high density electromagnetic field by feeding microwave power into a metal box from which it had no way to escape. When food was placed in the box with the microwave energy, the temperature of the food rose rapidly.

Source

If a style looks nice, I don't think its origin matters. If people really have a problem with you wearing something Nazis wore, they have real problems (assuming you don't follow Nazi ideology :D).

People shouldn't assume it's a statement either, just because you like to dress that way; that's on par with assuming a Muslim man is a terrorist simply because he's Muslim.

Maybe it's off topic a bit, but I wore a leather trench coat back in High School for Halloween and almost got sent home. Just saying that it is a possibility that some people are going to take it the wrong way, so be prepared for that.

But I would still do it again, and I would wear it/one if I weren't in Florida. And remember, we (the US) had the Columbine massacre.

that's on par with assuming a Muslim man is a terrorist simply because he's Muslim.

Agreed, and that's how a lot of people (specifically those who are likely to attack you for dressing a certain way) think.

Please name one spot in FL that it gets cold enough to warrant buying a coat like that?

Born & raised in south FL and even in Tallahassee during the winter, it was never cold enough for any amount of time. Just sayin' it is a BIT overkill for our lovely sunshine state :whistle:

And I grew up in south Mississippi, about an hour drive due west from the western end of the Florida panhandle (along I-10) and I've seen it get in the lower 20's (farenheit) on some days, and certainly in the 30's and 40's for weeks during the winter. Certainly cold enough for most people to want to wear a trenchcoat, especially when it is raining or sleeting. South Florida is a totally different climate during the winter months than the panhandle.

The pictures in the OP look a lot like my trechcoat and I've never had anyone mention anything about Nazi's and such

Probably cause the buttons are plastic not metal, and it has no detail on the shoulder were you normally see insignia

Most of the time you just get idiots shouting OI NEO! at you, when Neo never wore a leather coat in the films iirc it was a fabric/wool look coat and was a totally different style

Unless this is sarcasm, you've obviously missed the point of his post.

Possibly, but he didn't really specify what he meant there.

There's a difference between wearing a Nazi coat in florida, and wearing a Nazi coat in Poland. Just like there's a difference between wearing a burqa in the middle-east and wearing one in the US.

Not really, when you realize that parts of Florida have a significant Jewish population (especially during winter months when people from the northeast flock there to get away from the harsh weather up north). Two counties in Florida (Palm Beach and Broward) have over 13% Jewish populations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jews#Distribution_of_Jewish-Americans .

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/Jewish_population_in_the_USA_in_2000.svg

Not really, when you realize that parts of Florida have a significant Jewish population (especially during winter months when people from the northeast flock there to get away from the harsh weather up north). Two counties in Florida (Palm Beach and Broward) have over 13% Jewish populations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jews#Distribution_of_Jewish-Americans.

Yep, in the navy back in the 90's we were prohibited from wearing our "Johnny Cash" uniforms in Orlando as it consisted of a black button down shirt, black pants and black tie as it was deemed too "Nazi". It was actually the only good uniform we ever had.

Yep, in the navy back in the 90's we were prohibited from wearing our "Johnny Cash" uniforms in Orlando as it consisted of a black button down shirt, black pants and black tie as it was deemed too "Nazi". It was actually the only good uniform we ever had.

I was in the Navy in Orlando in 1990, and they didn't have that rule then. The "Johnny Cash" uniform was only worn during the colder months of the year though (which in Orlando, was a shorter period of time than in, for instance, Great Lakes).

they wore leather trenchcoats in the Matrix, so you may resemble more of Keanu and the gang. lol

I was in the Navy in Orlando in 1990, and they didn't have that rule then. The "Johnny Cash" uniform was only worn during the colder months of the year though (which in Orlando, was a shorter period of time than in, for instance, Great Lakes).

I too was in the Navy, 93-95, and went to Orlando in the Fall of 93. There was a few days I wore the Cash outfits during Airman school and when I went back to NC to visit before going to the Eisenhower, I spent a week at the recruiting station wearing the Cash outfit. Still, the dress blues were the best.

Still, the dress blues were the best.

I agree. I still have mine hanging in my closet, but they don't fit right now. I'm working on getting back down to the weight I was back then, but I've also gained muscle size in my upper body so the top is damned tight now.