Canon EF 70-200mm f4L USM

Does anyone here have any experience with the canon EF 70-200mm f4L USM lense ?

Whats it like at night, should it be my second lense or for general use ?

I like taking scenery pictures and wildlife and general pictures and what something with more zoom than my 18-55.

depends on your budget. That's their cheapest "pro" zoom, so it's not as good as the IS or F2.8 models. Maybe look into a sigma 70-200mm f2.8 for a little bit more. The extra aperture is pretty important. If you have a shutter speed of 1/250 @ f4, the f2.8 lens will let you go to 1/500, which is quite a big improvement.

it is a great good weather lens, it's quite sharp at f4 wide open. just keep the shutter speed up and u'll be fine. else a 2nd hand 70-200 is L is probably better choice. 70-200 f4 or 70-200 f4 is L is more of a travel use lens.

The 70-200 is a very expensive, but a great lens. I'm no expert but it really is a cracking lens. If your only lens is a 18-55 kit, then I imagine you're new to DSLR photography like myself.

If you're on a budget, I'd recommend going for what I've just ordered, Canon's 55-250 lens, gives more zoom and leaves no gap between your kit and the new lens, plus it's great for beginners.

But I don't know if you're a beginner from your post, all I have is the fact you have a kit lens so I'm making assumptions here, don't take what I've said offensively if you are well versed in the DSLR world. :laugh:

You may be thinking about the 70-200/4 IS, the non stabilized version is what the OP is going for (I think) and that is cheaper. Still more expensive than the 55-250 though.