Apple teasing 'exciting announcement from iTunes' for tomorrow

Apple says tomorrow is 'just another day that you'll never forget,' teases iTunes announcement

874266997.jpg

Whoa, what's this? Apple just updated its homepage with a new splash screen teasing an "exciting announcement from iTunes" at 10AM ET tomorrow, saying that "Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget." All streaming subscription service based out of that North Carolina data center? More video content in the store? Apps for the Apple TV with the iOS 4.2 update? Whatever it is, we're digging for more, and we'll let you know as soon as we find out.

Source: Engadget

Whoa, what's this? Apple just updated its homepage with a new splash screen teasing an "exciting announcement from iTunes" at 10AM ET tomorrow, saying that "Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget." All streaming subscription service based out of that North Carolina data center? More video content in the store? Apps for the Apple TV with the iOS 4.2 update? Whatever it is, we're digging for more, and we'll let you know as soon as we find out.

Source: Engadget

Thats quite a big statement for something as little as that.

The subscription services thing is getting old for me, i'm tired of seeing companies wanting automatic payments each month. I'd much rather pay for what i want when i want it.

As far as I remember they never had the different timezones in their announcements directly, right? It looks quite big.

This is going to be a nice week - Facebook announcement tonight, iTunes tomorrow... Looking forward to that.

Why cant they just do what everyone else does and put out a press release instead of staging stupid press events for something so ridiculously minor like new itunes crap or notebook speed bumps, Apple really gets on my ######.

1. Something about Cloud/Streaming

2. Something about Facebook/Ping integration

3. Something about iOS 4.2

One more thing... something about splitting/renaming iTunes into individual applications for Books/Apps/Movies/Music and TV.

/win

The subscription services thing is getting old for me, i'm tired of seeing companies wanting automatic payments each month. I'd much rather pay for what i want when i want it.

I think it depends really. If you use something quite often, then a subscription would easily save you money. With netflix in the US, you are talking about $9 for pretty much unlimited streaming of films. How much are films to rent on iTunes? Watching just one a week would take you over the subscription price.

Why cant they just do what everyone else does and put out a press release instead of staging stupid press events for something so ridiculously minor like new itunes crap or notebook speed bumps, Apple really gets on my ######.

hype?

it's their marketing strategy and it works, why would they do it any different?

God I hope (and I just made a account) the announcement is that they are closing it down.

Yeah, that would be so awesome and the perfect thing for Facebook to do right now with just over 500.000.000 users!! :woot:

That would be nice.... but I'd take iTunes over WMP any day

Windows Media Player doesn't run on Mac OS X. So that isn't an option for me in the first place. But yeah, I prefer iTunes as well. I'm just talking about its performance compared to other Mac OS X applications.

1. Something about Cloud/Streaming

2. Something about Facebook/Ping integration

3. Something about iOS 4.2

One more thing... something about splitting/renaming iTunes into individual applications for Books/Apps/Movies/Music and TV.

/win

That would be nice, I'd love for the AppStore (OSX and iOS) to be a separate app (and since the OSX AppStore is a separate app why not add the iOS one too

They get free hype so why not? This is far more effective than a press release.... They updated their page less than an hour ago and it's everywhere on the internet already

Windows Media Player doesn't run on Mac OS X. So that isn't an option for me in the first place. But yeah, I prefer iTunes as well. I'm just talking about its performance compared to other Mac OS X applications.

Actually it does, it's just reallllly outdated and crap :laugh:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/video/windowsmediaplayerformacosx.html

I'm sure it's not a new major iTunes version.

I'm hoping it's the launch of a subscription service, but...it's probably just the announcement of 90 second song previews. :laugh:

This isn't a press event. It's just an unveiling on their site. They're just building up some hype, which isn't a bad idea.

I really hope they haven't bought Spotify :laugh:

Where did that rumour come from?

Oh god that would be horrific.

i hope they are not buying out Sony or something!! (Something kinda we heard some days back on Neowin).....

And it very well could be about a big merger - as predicted by lot of pundits in the last two months or so - since they have a lot of cash in hand........

iTunes needs to be updated to cocoa and 64bits ASAP (especially for people with very large libraries)

iTunes needs to be updated to cocoa and 64bits ASAP (especially for people with very large libraries)

And that that is not the case yet is, IMHO, the only thing that sucks with iTunes...

How about an iTunes version that doesn't suck perhaps?

Nah...

Well, it doesn't really suck now does it? Sure it's performance could be better but it's still on of the best media players. Seriously think a little, i know you can think of a lot worse media players

As has been said good PR, also, seems like people like watching their events for big announcements they don't do it for anything like as you said a small notebook speed bump.

Frankly I'd like to see more companies do press events for their new product and demo them. If you don't like their press events don't watch them, you can read all the news as if it were a normal press release the day after on any tech site :)

as for this announcement, hmmm, from iTunes, some kind of streaming service maybe... this might be interesting... or turn out to be very underwhelming

Where did that rumour come from?

Oh god that would be horrific.

Dunno, it's been in the news a few times, but it came up again last week or the week before.

They've denied it, but in today's tech world that means sod all really.

http://www.iphoneuserguide.com/apple/2010/10/27/iphone3g/spotify-has-absolutely-no-intention-of-selling/

http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/26/how-spotify-almost-sold-to-google-for-1-billion-plus-new-apple-rumors/