Apple teasing 'exciting announcement from iTunes' for tomorrow

I think this is just going to be Lala re-branded as an iTunes service.

That would be nice.... but I'd take iTunes over WMP any day

On Windows at least, even command prompt is better than iTunes wacko.gif WMP12 is miles better than anything iTunes in last (at least)two years.

Oh thanks! So you don't like Facebook? Don't use it! Go to My______!

I dont like any social networking site. Period.

The problem is that with modern software and hardware you are actually being "forced" to use it. Its a sad reality.

Dunno, it's been in the news a few times, but it came up again last week or the week before.

They've denied it, but in today's tech world that means sod all really.

http://www.iphoneuserguide.com/apple/2010/10/27/iphone3g/spotify-has-absolutely-no-intention-of-selling/

http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/26/how-spotify-almost-sold-to-google-for-1-billion-plus-new-apple-rumors/

I do think Spotify said the wouldn't not be sold to anyone though, kinda trust that, don't think we need to worry

Oh thanks! So you don't like Facebook? Don't use it! Go to My______!

Well it was a correct correction... There might be 500000000 accounts on facebook but that sure doesn't mean 500000000 users

sure thing "users" is different from "accounts" but then again - who cares how much active users there are exactly? The fact of the matter is - Facebook is freaking huge. Period.

But that's not the topic, anyways...

App store coming earlier than expected?

I don't think it's anything out of the blue, and lot of these suggestions aren't feasible without a new version of iTunes (although, maybe the app store wouldn't be either).

Well the appstore was said to be released within 90 days so it wouldn't be earlier than expected, also why would that be an announcement from iTunes? The Mac Apstore will be a separate app if I am not mistaken.

How about an iTunes version that doesn't suck perhaps?

Nah...

You read my mind, was going to post this!

Based on the headline... Time Machine for iTunes? Maybe they'll get rid of that one-time download policy thing, let you download any song as many times as you want.

No matter what, I hardly doubt tomorrow is a day I'll never forget.

App store coming earlier than expected?

I don't think it's anything out of the blue, and lot of these suggestions aren't feasible without a new version of iTunes (although, maybe the app store wouldn't be either).

What does that have to do with iTunes? The Mac App Store will be a standalone app.

Better performance with Windows would be appreciated but I highly doubt this is the announcement they are talking about. iTunes runs like crap on Windows and would be nice to not have to deal with when fixing family/friends computers.

You read my mind, was going to post this!

Based on the headline... Time Machine for iTunes? Maybe they'll get rid of that one-time download policy thing, let you download any song as many times as you want.

No matter what, I hardly doubt tomorrow is a day I'll never forget.

I am pretty sure you can redownload anything you have already bought

App Store, yes. Music and video store, no.

If there is anything you have bought but no longer have on your computer would you please try right-clicking the playlist "purchased" (or something, mine is in swedish for some reason, the rest of itunes is in english) and then select "Check for Available Downloads", seem strange that you wouldn't be able to redownload, either way i doubt that would be the announcement :p

Oh, did some googling, according to what i found if you happen to lose your library in a hard drive failure or whatever you can redownload all your songs, just contact support and they can help you... still strange that it would be so complicated

Oh, did some googling, according to what i found if you happen to lose your library in a hard drive failure or whatever you can redownload all your songs, just contact support and they can help you... still strange that it would be so complicated

Yea, they'll help you on a case by case basis, but they warn you a lot about not being able to redownload. "Check for Available Downloads" will grab downloads that you haven't started or completed yet. Once something is finished downloading, that's the last time you can get it from the store (officially) without repurchasing it.

Yea, they'll help you on a case by case basis, but they warn you a lot about not being able to redownload. "Check for Available Downloads" will grab downloads that you haven't started or completed yet. Once something is finished downloading, that's the last time you can get it from the store (officially) without repurchasing it.

yea they will warn people to keep backups which one really should... but still, odd, wonder why they allow redownloads of apps but not songs...

How is it with movies and tv series? Not available here so :p

Why cant they just do what everyone else does and put out a press release instead of staging stupid press events for something so ridiculously minor like new itunes crap or notebook speed bumps, Apple really gets on my ######.

Do you have to attend them? If not, why complain... It's an extremely smart move since they get free publicity and hype.