Cowboys & Aliens (2011)

499102849.jpg

The Year is 1873. Arizona Territory. A stranger named Jake Lonergan (Daniel Craig) with no memory of his past stumbles into the hard desert town of Absolution. The only hint to his history is a mysterious shackle that encircles one wrist. What he discovers is that the people of Absolution don't welcome strangers, and nobody makes a move on its streets unless ordered to do so by the iron-fisted Colonel Dolarhyde (Harrison Ford). It's a town that lives in fear. But Absolution is about to experience fear it can scarcely comprehend as the desolate city is attacked by marauders from the sky. Screaming down with breathtaking velocity and blinding lights to abduct the helpless one by one, these monsters challenge everything the residents have ever known. Now, the stranger they rejected is their only hope for salvation. As this gunslinger slowly starts to remember who he is and where he's been, he realizes he holds a secret that could give the town a fighting chance against the alien force. With the help of the elusive traveller Ella (Olivia Wilde), he pulls together a posse of former opponents ? townsfolk, Dolarhyde and his boys, outlaws and Apache warriors?all in danger of annihilation. United against a common enemy, they will prepare for an epic showdown for survival.

* Daniel Craig as Jake Lonergan

* Harrison Ford as Colonel Woodrow Dolarhyde

* Olivia Wilde as Ella

* Sam Rockwell as Doc

* Noah Ringer as Emmett

* Paul Dano as Percy Dolarhyde

* Clancy Brown as Meacham

* Keith Carradine Sheriff Taggart

* Adam Beach as Nat Colorado

* Ana de la Reguera as Mar?a

* Walton Goggins as Hunt

* Tai Taylor as Red

Like someone on the IMDB forums said, the song "Knights of Cydonia" NEEDS to be in this film. It fits perfectly. Hell the town is even called 'Absolution'!

it actually like the concept, im very interested to see how it turns out, in another thread i was talking about a cartoon from the 80s called "Bravestarr" when i saw the trailer for this movie, reminded me a bit of that cartoon Lol

I saw the trailer for this in the theater when I went to see HP7 on Thanksgiving. I am soo excited for this movie. Everyone in my family was a little meh about it, but what's not to love? It's got cowboys! and aliens!

• 2 weeks later...

you know what

i think that you could conjure up a conspiracy in the Marvel Comics universe , where this film actually takes place in that continuity ... as in, Daniel Craig's character could somehow be related to Tony Stark , and that some of the technology behind the Iron Man suit is actually alien in origin, we just never knew that until now :shiftyninja: