HTC Desire HD, no stock anywhere!

I want a HTC Desire HD !

Having waited since Mid October, and now gone past 1 month - I'm told by two retailers stock may be a problem until Jan 2011

Amazon UK in fact have listed a 4-6 week delivery time now

I don't want a bundle with a 18/24 month contract, I want to buy the phone on it's own which in nearlly all cases works out cheaper than contracts (I have a ?10 a month SIM with 600 mins, unlimited TXT & Data)

Has anyone found a retailer that has stock of this phone for sale on it's own ?

http://goo.gl/5CtB

STOCK UPDATE:

First Shipment: Shipped all orders placed in September.

Second batch: Arrived 1st November : We are expecting to ship all orders upto and including the 13th October 2010

Next Delivery Due: Week commencing 22nd November 2010

Thanks for the replies guys, yeah that retailer was expecting stock this week JUST to catch up on back orders!

Looks like it will be Late December or even Jan before I can buy one at this rate!

I don't fancy buying such a high priced item from eBay to be honest, PayPal is easily the worst way to pay for anything for a start! (I've had my fingers burnt too many times with that company)

In the mobile phone retail industry myself and yeah there is NONE of these phones anywhere!

I tell you what's really annoying is when I called HTC today, and they sounded suprised by it.

I told the guy he's either a good liar, or hasn't got a clue about the stock situation out there!

http://amzn.to/9qF7FD Here you go, it's on Amazon, sold by Amazon.

Hope it helps. :)

Edit: Just noticed it ships in 4 to 6 weeks, that'll take you beyond Christmas at this rate. If you ordered today the very earliest you would get it would be the 15th December.

Have you considered the regular Desire? That's in stock nearly everywhere and isn't much different! :D

Um they are different.

3.7" vs. 4.3"

1st gen snapdragon vs. 2nd gen snapdragon (yes there is quite a big difference)

nothing vs. Dolby digital mobile + srs surround

5mp camera vs. 8mp camera

HSPA vs. HSPA+

And best of all, the desire HD has a Unibody design :rofl: