Old G-1: What to do?

My wife had the G-1 from T-Mobile since it was released. She recently picked up a Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant). We reused the SIM in her new phone so I have no connectivity aside from direct connection to a PC. I'm looking for suggestions on what to do with the G-1. I'd like to turn it into a cheap video/audio/game device for my 5-year old son. I'm willing to root the phone, if necessary.

Any suggestions/sites would be great.

I doubt there much to do with this.

I have an old G1 too, upgraded to Cynanogen mod 2.2 and it won't do much, mainly because of the outdated hardware and lack of rom. :ermm:

I would try to sell it and get an iPod Touch. Like it or not, there's more games for kids on the AppStore than on the Android Market.

You should be able to squeeze some life out of that old G1. Root it (If not already) and install Cyanogen 6.1-RC1, Then find a pershoot kernel and overclock it. Then to give you extra ram, format the SD card with a 32mb swap (Don't go more. It'll slow it down.) and the swapenabler script on the CM forums.

Now, I mean you won't be able to play like a PSX emulator, but it should handle most things pretty well. If you don't have a data connection, just use Wifi and it'll work fine.