[Poll] Which do you prefer? Car or train?

69 members have voted

1. 1. Car or train? (middle to long distance)

• Car, because my country's / region's train infrastructure is crap!
    • Car, because I just prefer it (any reason)
    • 50/50
    • Train, because going by car is a mess here
    • Train, because I prefer it
    • Train due to lack of a license

Where I live, you have to travel by train. Other countries, and I find traveling by train the better solution.

Where is the difference? You probably wanted to say you use the car in Canada, didn't you?

This is how I think it is. We Americans use cars 95% of the time and for Europeans it seems the be the opposite. Maybe 70-80% train.

Europeans 70-80% train on mid to long distance?

Nah, rather not, at least not here in Germany, and this country has probably one of the best train infrastructures... (The eastern part of this country lagging behind, but even there it is rather ok :yes:)

I'd say 30-40% max in Europe, at least, here in Germany.

Glassed Silver:mac

Car. Even though I don't have one.

The UK railway network is pathetic. Way too expensive, too crowded, trains are very unreliable etc etc.

Example, by train it takes me 5 hours to see my girlfriend. A journey that involes a bus trip, two trains, waiting around for ages, frequent delays etc. Driving it takes less than 2.

The same going back home to see my parents and friends pretty much. Two bus journeys, two train journeys and over double the time taken by driving.

Train for major cities. As there is no traffic, parking, and get to relax on the way.

Plus trains tend to be pretty nice, and fairly frequent where I live (every 30mins to London, Bham, and Manchester).

We must know different places then, cos the trains back home for me are terrible. Too few carriages, constant delays and cancelations etc. Thats my 20 years of experience with trains in south wales.

I chose car for I dream to have a red Ferrari sports car someday that was my ultimate goal. I wish someone will give one for me as Christmas gift.

Give me your P.O. address and I'll mail you one! :rofl:

Is 1:100 ok? :D

I chose car because my regions train infrastructure sucks (non existent, except for cargo trains ;)).

But, to be honest, even if there was a train, I'd prefer a car. I drive on my own schedule, not the trains :p lol.

Train, primarily because don't have a license yet but even if I did, I'd still try to use the train as parking anywhere near the city is a nightmare!!

Train, primarily because don't have a license yet but even if I did, I'd still try to use the train as parking anywhere near the city is a nightmare!!

Yea, same applies to me.

Also I can travel by train for free, because I'm a college student, and if I travel beyond Lower Saxony, I still have my BahnCard 50, which gives me 50% on every ticket.

Eat that, gas stations! :laugh:

On another note: it feels good to travel green. :yes:

And don't forget: you can do what you want whilst sitting in the train... reading a book, browsing Neowin or teh internetz, kissing your girlfriend, ...

In the car, if you drive...