"Pause" getting eMails on Weekends

instant.human

Alright, so lately my Inbox went crazy, new job and all and it's like exploding.

I have all my eMail going through the GMail webapp because I just love it and it suits my needs best. However, I would really love a way to stop getting eMails for one of my eMail adresses from, say, Friday, 19:00 to Sunday, 21:00 or something. And only for one specific mail account, because I need to recieve other mails on the weekends aswell.

Is that possible? To not get those and get a whole bunch of mails after that "pause"?

I am willing to use something like Mail.app for that feature alone and I have the feeling that this is possible and that I've seen such a feature before but I can't for the love of god recall where, when and how it was done...

It would be awesome though if there was some kind of GMail extension that took care of that, because I can't afford to miss any eMail from my other accounts, so I can't just turn off notifications on my iPhone, for example, which is hooked into GMail... So serverside would be best...

Any help?

.Neo

As far as I know you can take individual accounts offline in Mail. Maybe you can download a script that will automate it.

PS It's a bit odd to see you spell email as "eMail". :p

instant.human

As far as I know you can take individual accounts offline in Mail. Maybe you can download a script that will automate it.

PS It's a bit odd to see you spell email as "eMail". :p

haha "eMail", old habit... german-ish. Mail is written capital here, because we think it's a noun or something. Some people here even write E-Mail.

So apart from some script for Mail.app there is apparently no serverside solution?

Like... umm yeah, "weekend mode"? Someone should make something like that. I can't though. Talent-wise.

dancedar

You could pull only your Gmail account through another one and check that at the weekend only?

instant.human

what exactly do you mean? I am an email noob. I know I press send and it comes through. I know what CC is and all but I have no idea about all the technique behind it... So yeah... what do you mean?