Yep, got an 360 Slim

So, my pseudo-gf bought me a 360 Slim (4GB) for a housewarming/birthday gift.

I'm a trophy ######, so pretty much any multi-platform games I'll get for PS3, so I'm looking at exclusives. Not big on shooters like Halo, will probably grab Alan Wake and Fable, looking for some other good exclusives. Maybe Mass Effect (been playing it on PC), but I plan on getting ME2 for PS3, so.....

What'cha got for me?

Nice, enjoy your new console :).

As for games, I would probably stick to playing Mass Effect on the PC. The 360 version had a bunch of technical issues, and the PC version fixed quite a few of them up (or so I hear, I played the 360 version), so there's no point going back to the inferior version of the game.

I just took a quick scroll through my games list, and I saw...

Forza 3: Now that GT5 is out, you might not be interested in this anymore, but I personally got a lot of hours out of this one.

Splinter Cell: Conviction: It's pretty short and the replay value is minimal, so don't pay full price for it. That said, I enjoyed it from start to finish.

Trials HD (Arcade): It's on sale right now, and it's definitely worth $5. It can be maddening at times, but when it's good, it's good.

Limbo (Arcade): Again, short but good.

Shadow Complex (Arcade): Still 1200 MSP, but I don't regret paying that. This arcade game has better production than a lot of full retail games.

Not sure how interested you are in Arcade games, but I hope that helps somewhat. I just realized how many of my Xbox 360 games are multi-platform...

Too bad you've only got 4GB to work with. That will fill up FAR too fast :\. But there are A LOT of XBLA games you can work with and try out. If you're sort of into puzzles/logic games, you can try out Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. I enjoyed it and best money spent on an arcade game.

Otherwise since you don't care for FPS, then Alan Wake would be what I would recommend. There aren't that many good exclusives, but you can just trump through here to see if there is something that you'd like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

You can buy a 250GB HDD from Game for ?79 or so.

I have the Xbox 360 Premium 20GB, I don't see what the whole rave is about having a massive hard drive as I just play everything from disk and stream music / video content from my PC.

You can buy a 250GB HDD from Game for ?79 or so.

I have the Xbox 360 Premium 20GB, I don't see what the whole rave is about having a massive hard drive as I just play everything from disk and stream music / video content from my PC.

XBLA games and Games on Demand, these alone take up about 107GB on my 360.

Replace your Trophy addiction for a Gamerscore addiction and you'll have far more games to play on the better console. :)

Can't do it, sir. Can't let Corris catch back up.

*hugs platinum collection*

Anyhoo, down the line I may end up grabbing a 250GB drive for it. The console was a total suprise, I didn't even ask for it, so I wasn't going to bitch about the drive size. Do need to grab an hdmi for it.

Probably will look into some of the arcade games, but stick to disc-based until I do get the new drive.

Is Fable 1 worth grabbing cheap, and is it backwards compatible on a slim? Munky? Can I just start with 2?

Kinda psyched to grab Limbo, been hoping for a PS3 release since GDC. Might also double-dip on Civilization Revolution, since trophies never came to it, and the PS3 online was broken. Probably will borrow Crackdown from my buddy, but will def pick up Alan Wake.

Oh, and if anyone wants to add me, gamertag is in sig

I wouldn't worry about me catching up, between GT5 sessions, I've gone back to old PS1 games for some light hearted gaming, and they don't have any trophies....yet, lol.

An you can hug your platinum trophies all you want, at least for the moment I still have more. :p

But I was where you were a few months ago, when I first bought it I picked up Splinter Cell Conviction, Halo 3, and Mass Effect which was mostly the reason I picked one up in the first place.

Now I have these:

Ace Combat 6: Fires Of Liberation

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Crackdown

Dark Sector

Devil May Cry 4

Fable 2

Fallout 3

Gears Of War

Gears Of War 2

Halo 3

Halo 3: ODST

Halo Reach

Halo Wars

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Perfect Dark Zero

Prey

Red Dead Redemption

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Star Trek: Legacy

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

The Orange Box

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Too Human

Viva Pinata

And I lend one or two games off a friend, I'm slowly picking up older games that didn't come with trophies that I might have missed when they came out, that way if they suck at least I get a few achievement points out of them as opposed to nothing, lol.

so I'm looking at exclusives. Not big on shooters like Halo, will probably grab Alan Wake and Fable, looking for some other good exclusives. Maybe Mass Effect (been playing it on PC), but I plan on getting ME2 for PS3, so.....What'cha got for me?

Just an FYI, you won't be able to import your character/story from Mass Effect on the PC to your PS3. I would get it for PC.

As for the Xbox 360, there are so many good exclusives, and there are websites out there with the lists. Personally I would recommend the following games that are not TPS/FPS shooters:

Alan Wake

Fable 2

Fable 3

Forza 3

Shadow Complex

Limbo

Trials HD

Project Gotham Racing 3

Blue Dragon

Lost Odyssey

Dishwasher

Splosion Man

Kingdom for Keflings

Race Pro 09

those are off the top of my head...some are underrated. Also be sure to check out the Indie games as well. There are about 1500 of them, all exclusive. Many are garbage, but many are really good. Every single one has a demo. Just like the Xbox Live Arcade, everyone requires a demo there as well.

Oh, and the gloss > matte.