• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

D90 users - need a hand

remus_lupin    10

Hey all, this never really bothered me before, but today it would have come in handy, so I was just wondering if any of you have had any problems with your AF-assist light when in any of the manual modes (M, A, S, P)

For some reason, regardless of whether my flash is up or down, the AF-assist light just will not come on (in a totally black room for example).

I know the light is not burnt out because if I change the camera to one of the auto settings it will come up to assist the focusing in dark areas...

I also checked my settings to make sure the built-in AF assist was on, and still nothing, I even tried turning it off just to see if it did anything, but nope.

Have any of you had this problem and found a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE***: Nevermind, I'm an idiot lol, I always have my camera on Auto focus continuous lol, once I change it to static/auto the AF assist light works fine, lol.

thanks!

richardsim7    125

That does sound odd - is it possible for you to reload the firmware?

Edit: You ###### :p

remus_lupin    10

That does sound odd - is it possible for you to reload the firmware?

haha I JUST figured it out, I had my camera on AF continuous, once I change it to static or auto it works fine!

MR_Candyman    114

Dunno, just checked and my D80 does it. After a quick googling it looks like a lot of cameras don't

remus_lupin    10

Dunno, just checked and my D80 does it. After a quick googling it looks like a lot of cameras don't

haha, naw mine does it just fine, I stupidly had my af set to continuous, so the assist light wasn't coming on, thanks tho!