You'll Believe A Cat Can Fly ...

TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - If a cat has nine lives, we're not sure how many one local feline has left.

"Kim" the cat took a gigantic leap off a power pole near Ft. Lowell and Roger Monday, suddenly ending a rescue attempt. We're told the cat spent more than two days on stuck on top of the pole.

A crew with Tucson Electric Power was in a lift basket approaching Kim when the cat started shying away. Then, without warning, she dove more than a dozen feet to the ground and scampered off. KOLD News 13 Photojournalist Andrew Brown caught it all on camera.

Kim's owners caught up with her soon after. She appeared to be all right, although a vet is checking her out. :cat:

source & awesome video

better video

post-37120-12918150492462.png

Cats bodies are designed to do this, their ears act as a gyroscope and their backs bend like shock absorbers

I wouldn't say designed to do this, more or less built to handle something like this.

My cat fell off the top banister from the second floor to the first floor (at least a 12-15 foot fall) when I lived in Georgia, he was a bit shaken up and he actually chipped one of his teeth (which means he hit his mouth on the floor), but other then that he was perfectly okay, no broken bones or anything.

Fortunately, cats have a unique skeletal structure that allows for greater shock absorption. Unlike humans, a cat doesn't have a true collarbone (clavicle). In fact, it isn't even connected to its forelimbs or upper-body. In humans, the collarbone serves as support for the shoulder blade (scapula) and chest bone (sternum).

Where's the flying part? And I'll just leave this here:

That is awesome, far better than a mangy cat ...

My grandma's cat jumped off the balcony on the fifth floor a few times...(I think she wanted to catch the birds. :laugh: ) Then she walked upstairs as if nothing had happened :D

How did the cat get up there? I mean, cat's have sharp claws, but to be able to get all the way to the top of that pole...

Cats are very good climbers. My cat gets on my roof. No idea how, but sometimes when I come home, he's just sitting up there :p. Again, cats are ninjas ;).

Cats are very good climbers. My cat gets on my roof. No idea how, but sometimes when I come home, he's just sitting up there :p. Again, cats are ninjas ;).

My cat did that once when I lived in Texas, and he didn't even have front claws.......no clue how the hell he did it but he didn't seem to want to risk jumping down, I had to go up and get him down...

All cats are part ninja. That's part of what makes them so awesome.

so true, i like to think as cats as being ninja zen masters, balancing the art of being a ninja and professional laziness

All cats are part ninja. That's part of what makes them so awesome.

so true, i like to think as cats as being ninja zen masters, balancing the art of being a ninja and professional laziness

5 years ago, my 7 months old cat, jump off my balcony and only suffered a broken front leg, and the jaw was off, I don't know how to say it in English, you know, when you get a bone off its socket? anyway, after $1200 on the Vet, and 4 days of hospitalization, my cat still running behind flies and bees! :blush: Did I mention I lived in the 12 floor on my building? :laugh: :shifty: :whistle: I'm gonna see If I can find a picture of her with the pink cast!

Dogs need to be trained .

Fixed, which can be a positive and a negative, I would rather have a pet I can get and sort of leave on it's own without having to train it or anything rather than get one that needs to be potty trained at a minimum.

5 years ago, my 7 months old cat, jump off my balcony and only suffered a broken front leg, and the jaw was off, I don't know how to say it in English, you know, when you get a bone off its socket? anyway, after $1200 on the Vet, and 4 days of hospitalization, my cat still running behind flies and bees! :blush: Did I mention I lived in the 12 floor on my building? :laugh: :shifty: :whistle: I'm gonna see If I can find a picture of her with the pink cast!

Dislocated? As for cats and casts, they are so hilarious with casts, it's like they can't feel the ground so they have difficulty walking......imagine if they wore shoes like humans do. :p

Casts on pets are so cruel yet so hilarious.

^^ Yeah, thanks!! that's the word I was looking for... :whistle:

yeah, she was cute on the cast. Also, because of the pain she was goin' through, she was medicated with morphine, and she was walking like a chameleon, 2 steps forward, and 1 back,...LOL!